Welcome to our Gymnastics Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

goals???

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gracefulone

Ok, maybe I'm the only one obsessive like this, but I have goals for every month!!!
What are some of your goals coming up??? Please post level, too.

I'll start. I'm a level 7.
By the end of September:
Bars: fully connected routine, cast to 45 degrees above horizontal(seen the new requirements yet, anyone??:))
Beam: front walkover fronthandspring-high skinny beam, no extra mats, switch leap to 180(high skinny beam), finish making up routine.
Floor: stick front handspring fronts, get routine choreographed(Tainted Love)
Vault: post flight!!!

maddiekate

Aug 8, 2007
West Coast
I'm level 3 lol

BY DECEMBER:
I want to be level 4
beam: BHS or backwalkover
bars: work on kip
floor: standing tucks
vault: nothing special, maybe start working on the level 5 vault (FHS)

G

gracefulone

Just wondering, why standing tucks(floor) and b/wo, bh on beam if you want to be a level 4? Is it part of your clubthat you have to?

H

hammy

I was wondering the same thing as gracefulone. I think it's a great thing to set goals--it'll really help you succeed in what you're doing. My goal is to get back into the gym and do some basic stuff on floor and trampoline.

maddiekate

Aug 8, 2007
West Coast
no, its because i did tumbling, and want to catch everything else up.

but my club, yeah, you have to have a certain number of level 4 skills to move up to level 4. (or for whatever level you want to move up to. )

Last edited:

GymKim93

Aug 31, 2007
Texas
By December:

Level 9

Vault: Yurchanko Layout by myself

Bars: Full bar routine- Clearhip to straddleback to toe heck to blidchangefull to double pike dismount.

Beam: Switchleap backtuck consistent

Floor: Full routine- Full and a half punch front, front handspring full punch pike, and double full on the real floor.

H

hammy

GymKim93---way to go with setting some awesome goals for this year! Good luck with all of them! One and a half punch fronts on floor are awesome, once you get those really good, go for one and a half punch front full--i loved doing that one! Double pike dismount off bars--woot woot! Next step..double layout :p

maddiekate

Aug 8, 2007
West Coast
Old Goals:(I know there is still a week until December, but i have no more classes until December:( )
BY DECEMBER:
I want to be level 4
nope :(
beam: BHS or backwalkover backwalkover on medium beam :)
bars: work on kip
floor: standing tucks
only off an 8in. :|
vault: nothing special, maybe start working on the level 5 vault (FHS)

New goals - By February:
I want to be Level 4
Beam: bhs on low beam, backwalkover on high beam
Bars: work on Kip
Floor: front tucks, standing tucks
vault: same, maybe start working on L5 vault.

G

gracefulone

By the next meet(Dec.15)
Floor: Set to my potential on layout(sometimes they're really good, sometimes they're really bad)

Beam: Full routine. Alone. Don't kill my father on my dismount(I tend to go straight up on my backtuck off, and it scares him!)

Bars: Hmmm. Hit the cast requirement so my routine starts out of a ten.

Vault: Get hands off the table more QUICKLY!

F

flippin fool 08

goals

beam- flipflop flipflop by my self
floor- land double fool
bar- conest my routine
vault- do a half on layout

good luck to all of your goals

Robindq

Dec 16, 2007
Ontario, Canada
level 4 (Canada)
YAY, i love making goals! They really help me improve!

My goals at the start of the year that i have accomplished are:
standing backtuck on floor, frontwalkover on high beam, backhandspring on low beam, arial (with just hurdle thing, not huge run) , front full off beet board (random, just for fun), good leg splits all the way, and work kips lots

My new goals:
beam- backhandspring on high beam by gym show (April), confidence when doing frontwalkover on high beam
bars- kip!!! (i'm so close, i did 3 last practice)
Floor- full twist by gym show (i can do a 3/4) , front tuck, splits all the way that i can hold for more than 10s
Vault- meh...no real goals here, possibly start practicing half twist again

and yes, good luck with your goals everyone!!!

gymgymgymnast08

Proud Relative
Former Gymnast
Dec 8, 2007
Country
USA
Level 8 USA! Ymca!
Vault- to get a really good handspring 1/1 and maybe start doing more/ maybe learning suk idk haha.
Bars- to get my giants consistant and maybe do a different release like straddle back or toe shoot or shootover haha.
Beam- to keep doing my bhs bhs and maybe get more cool stuff to put in my routine!
Floor- to get my full consistant, to do fronthandspring front pike front tuck, do get better at DANCING!

GOOD LUCK DUDES! HAHA <3

G

gracefulone

By the next meet(Dec.15)
Floor: Set to my potential on layout(sometimes they're really good, sometimes they're really bad)

Beam: Full routine. Alone. Don't kill my father on my dismount(I tend to go straight up on my backtuck off, and it scares him!)

Bars: Hmmm. Hit the cast requirement so my routine starts out of a ten.

Vault: Get hands off the table more QUICKLY!
I go tmy beam, floor, and vault goals at the meet, but not bars. However the rest of my routine was really good so I still took fourth, with my routine starting out of a 9.5, and evreyone else's in the top three started out of ten.

cccam

Dec 1, 2007
okay i don't compete, i only do it recreationally but my major goal is to become a level 8 by the time a graduate. right now im 15.

these are my goals for June 2008:

beam - backwalkover, backwalkover and a backhandspring. cartwheel back lay

bars- consistent and nice fluid connections of kips to handstands and clear hips

floor- layout, fulls and front handspring f. tucks

vault- land my tsuk

i hope i get this stuff cuz i only go for about 2 hrs per week!

i took sept, oct and dec. off cuz of other things so the other day was my first day back, and i got my cartwheel back tuck of beam and i could still do front fulls on tramp!

G

gracefulone

Level 8 USA! Ymca!
Vault- to get a really good handspring 1/1 and maybe start doing more/ maybe learning suk idk haha.
Bars- to get my giants consistant and maybe do a different release like straddle back or toe shoot or shootover haha.
Beam- to keep doing my bhs bhs and maybe get more cool stuff to put in my routine!
Floor- to get my full consistant, to do fronthandspring front pike front tuck, do get better at DANCING!

GOOD LUCK DUDES! HAHA <3
What's your release now?

I-Heart-Beam

Sep 9, 2007
Scotland
My Goals for 2008

gymnastics: medal on vault at least once (ie learn to vault :()
get my tkatchev really consistent
learn to do at least one really cool skill (no idea what though :D)
medal on aa at least once!
get my double pike and double twist really consistent!

non gymnastics: pass my exams

gymgymgymnast08

Proud Relative
Former Gymnast
Dec 8, 2007
Country
USA
^^What's your release presently? Just curious.

oh I do a cut catch. hard to explain but you can probably find it on youtube. IDK I think as I'm like getting to higher levels I will prob work on a diff one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
FlippinLilysMom Women's Artistic Gymnastics (WAG) 5
A Parent Forum 25
Jard.the.gymnast Gymnast Forum 3