WAG Going around the world is side aerial?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I've got a older kid who is relearning a side aerial, after being out of gym for years. Her body is perfect on the aerial, but her legs are going around the world (pointing inwards instead of up). I've put her in a corridor of porta-pits on their side, but she just hits it and either knocks it over, or crashed. Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks

is she an endomorph and what is she currently doing with her arms when she does this?

She is more of a mesomorph, though it wouldn't hurt her to lose a few pounds, not that I have a problem with that. Anyway, her arms are correct; doing a backward arm circle and staying by her side throughout the aerial, although she does land with her chest quite far down.

when you say backward arm circle, do you mean like an aerial walkover? if so, this is incorrect. the arms should simulate a far 1 arm cartwheel. the inside arm goes down and against the side/ribs of the body.

Sorry, I should be more specific. She does a half of a backward arm circle, stopping with her arms at her sides, where they remain for ther aerial

Sorry, I should be more specific. She does a half of a backward arm circle, stopping with her arms at her sides, where they remain for the aerial.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back