WAG going for L10... is it worth it?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

simply, i don't believe you. that's what i'm talking about. you want me, and others here at this site, to believe that a 38 year old woman started gymnastics at 38 and worked her way thru whatever it is you are delusional about and learned a tkatchev and a geinger.

and if she was 38 when she started, then that would make her a beginner also. doesn't matter what age you start. when you start you are a beginner.

Chusovitina is finally starting to show diminishing returns at near 39. and you want me...and you don't know WHO I AM...to believe that a grown woman started at the same age that Oksana is starting to wind down and learned a tkatchev and geinger.

okay folks, i got some prime hotel/resort real estate for sale for cheap in Afghanistan. please PM me for details. there are so many in line for this prime real estate that you better hurry up. bye now.

p.s. can you imagine the size of the city that you could power if you could turn human BS in to electricity...just imagine. :)

Might not be complete BS. I do know Masako Kardos was learning jaegers at 52. But I don't know when she started. I don't think she worked her way through USAG levels. Masako competes (or competed. I don't know what she's up to now) in adult meets in California. They have a different level system.

Masako Kardos is formerly Masako Tanaka. she is a former gymnast from Japan. so then, Lily stated that whoever this is started at age 38. and was doing release moves at 52. i know it wasn't Masako. the last Masters Meet she competed in was in June of 2004. when she was 43. and she wasn't performing tkatchevs and geingers by then. so it's not her. i am gung ho about the folklore in our sport, but not when it's not true.

http://fitnastiks.tripod.com/gymmasters4.htm

Learn To Do a Handstand
Posted on December 17, 2004 by Fran
I looked up some tips on handstands. All of these articles were interesting. A couple of them emphasize the need to hold your body stiff. Find the balance and hold it with the whole body, making only small adjustments. I need to remember to practice finding the right position and stiffening my body instead of kicking up any old way, barely feeling the balance, and coming straight down again.
“After an extended break from childhood gymnastics in Japan, Masako Kardos, age 43 of Laguna Beach, California has mastered the handstand…”
Look at your hands from underneath your eyebrows. Push up from the floor so you extend in your shoulders. …”
“Kicking up against a wall can help give you a feel for being upside down but should not be used for practicing a handstand. …”
“To test to see if you are strong enough to hold your body straight, lie on the floor on your back, with your arms down by your side. Tighten your body, keeping it straight along the floor. Then, have someone lift only your feet about 3 feet into the air. If you are still tight, your legs, hips, and torso all should still be as straight as they were when you were still flat on the ground. …”
Our hands become our feet, so you have to think about it in the mechanics of the way you walk on your feet. …

Masako Kardos is formerly Masako Tanaka. she is a former gymnast from Japan. so then, Lily stated that whoever this is started at age 38. and was doing release moves at 52. i know it wasn't Masako. the last Masters Meet she competed in was in June of 2004. when she was 43. and she wasn't performing tkatchevs and geingers by then. so it's not her. i am gung ho about the folklore in our sport, but not when it's not true.

http://fitnastiks.tripod.com/gymmasters4.htm

Learn To Do a Handstand
Posted on December 17, 2004 by Fran
I looked up some tips on handstands. All of these articles were interesting. A couple of them emphasize the need to hold your body stiff. Find the balance and hold it with the whole body, making only small adjustments. I need to remember to practice finding the right position and stiffening my body instead of kicking up any old way, barely feeling the balance, and coming straight down again.
“After an extended break from childhood gymnastics in Japan, Masako Kardos, age 43 of Laguna Beach, California has mastered the handstand…”
Look at your hands from underneath your eyebrows. Push up from the floor so you extend in your shoulders. …”
“Kicking up against a wall can help give you a feel for being upside down but should not be used for practicing a handstand. …”
“To test to see if you are strong enough to hold your body straight, lie on the floor on your back, with your arms down by your side. Tighten your body, keeping it straight along the floor. Then, have someone lift only your feet about 3 feet into the air. If you are still tight, your legs, hips, and torso all should still be as straight as they were when you were still flat on the ground. …”
Our hands become our feet, so you have to think about it in the mechanics of the way you walk on your feet. …

I still don't think the story is complete BS. Operative word being "complete". HA! Most likely part of the truth mixed with some confusion. Did she start gymnastics as an adult? No. Did she learn a jaeger and a geinger as an adult? Apparently so. I have never seen a video of her doing a tkatchev. Only geinger and jaeger.

Masako might not have competed since 2004 but that doesn't mean she still isn't in the gym working on who knows what. A woman of 38+ who drags herself to the gym probably has reasons for doing it besides competition.

as i told you, Masako competed those skills on bars in the 80's when the bars were set FIG at 160cm. they are NOT new to her. :) and she's not 38 today. she's turning 54.

Last edited by a moderator:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back