Going to be here awhile!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

R

RollOnUp

Hey everyone!

I guess you guys can all me Picc! I'm from the US, particularly North Eastern PA. I've actually never even been IN a real gym! (The gymnastic's kind anyways) But I'm a Traceur (Free-runner) and I'm looking into getting into Gymnastic's. I take Hip-Hop dance class and just today I began to learn Back-Tuck's. So far I've done them being spotted by one person and two, and I'll have a thread somewhere up soon about tips and advice for me. Anyways!

Figured I'd break down myself quickly and say hey!

Free running, parcours here in Quebec, is very big. Many gyms have courses and they are hugely popular with the male population.

Welcome to the CB.

What is Free Running? It sounds like cross country running? How do you do it in the gym and why is it particularly suited to men?

I saw a clip about parcours not too long ago on tv. I think that it is doing tricks, outside, using the environment to move off of...like buildings, walls, vehicles. They flip and climb and things like that. Am I kind of right?!?!:eek:

I saw a clip about parcours not too long ago on tv. I think that it is doing tricks, outside, using the environment to move off of...like buildings, walls, vehicles. They flip and climb and things like that. Am I kind of right?!?!:eek:

YOu are totally right. It appeals to many males because it is gymnastics but not restrained in the way that MAG is. They do it anywhere and have created many cool moves that we never see in Gym. Check out youtube, there are tons of amazing vids on there.

When free running classes happen in gym they use the equipment to train skills, but they may jump off the bars and run up walls etc.

Thanks everyone! I'm actually going free-running now! Maybe i'll grab some pic's or something haha

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back