Going to Level 9 regionals!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

3rd_time_around

Proud Parent
Judge
We are leaving this Friday morning EARLY to drive to New Orleans for regionals. I'm excited for my daughter, and I just want her to do well and stick everything. Qualifying to Easterns would be icing on the cake.

Can someone tell me why, just when my dd is really showing that she has what it takes, that everything is getting so darn expensive? If she qualifies to Easterns, i seriously do not know how I'm going to be able to send her, and if I can send her, how I'm supposed to pay the coach's fees as well. Does anyone have an idea for a quick fund-raiser that we could do if she qualifies?

Anyway, send the good luck wishes and prayers for her to hit 4 for 4 and just be her best ever. Thanks!

Good Luck! I hope you both have a great time. Sending wishes for stuck landings, smooth routines and lots of fun for her. Sending you wishes for calm nerves, a winning lottery ticket, good caffine for the drive and a fun girl trip with your daughter. Let us know how she does.

Good luck to your dd!!! As for the fundraising, probably the easiest and quickest way is hit up family and relatives for "donations" for Easterns. Let them know that it is pretty rare that they make it there in this sport.

Good luck to your daughter!!! Our level 9 mom was saying the same thing last week about the expense. They will also be in New Orleans. Have a safe trip!!

Best of luck to your DD at regionals! That is such an amazing accomplishment!! Sending the 4 for 4 fairies your direction!!!
The easiest way I have found to make money quickly is to sell preowned leos and clothes on ebay! I sold about 4 of alex's a few weeks ago and made almost $100.00. Also, some home selling companies have fundraisers that you can do on your own. Check with Partylite. You do not need to be part of an organization to do it if I remember correctly.

Congratulations and good luck to your dd.
I don't have any ideas for your $$ situation, sorry.
My dd will also be competing L9 Regionals this weekend with hopes of qualifying to Westerns, but we lucked out this year because both competitions are within driving distance.

Best of luck to your dd for regionals!! You could try a garage sale/car wash/bake sale combination. Make some signs telling people what its for.

First of all..big congrats to you DD for making it to regionals. And sending 4 for 4 fairies her way. Im not sure of any real quick sure fire way to raise money other than what has already been mentioned. Please do keep us posted on how it all goes. Have a safe and fun, memorable trip with your DD.

Good luck to your daughter! as for the fundraising, we spent a day as a team once doing a bottle drive and going around to houses in big neighborhoods asking for bottles they may donate. we earned quite a bit of cash and all it took was a day of hard work and dedication.

Congrats and best wishes to your dd, I'm sure it will be a great experience!
As far as making a few extra dollars to help with expenses, a yard sale was my initial thought as well, but that would be suggesting you have time to collect and plan one! If the gym has any other qualifiers in the same boat, maybe they would be willing to put on a gym-wide fundraiser to help out. Either a community yard sale at the gym or a fundraising night at a local restaurant.

Congrats! In addition to what everyone else posted, Pancake feed, spaghetti feed or chili cookoff have worked well for us. Another option is an old fashioned sign and a donation bucket.
We will be doing the regional thing too! Ours is on friday and then on to vacation!

Good luck this weekend. I think my dd's Region was the only one to hold their regionals this past weekend. My dd qualified to Easterns!!! Overall, I found the scores to be low and girls were making Easterns with a fall, even in those lower "crazy" amazing Jr groups (1&2). I hope you dd hits all of her events, but even if she runs into a glitch, she is not out of it! Stay positive!

As for raising money, I can offer you no suggestions. Is there a chance that another teammate could make Easterns too and you could split the cost of the room and the ride up? That would probably be the best way to cut costs.

I have to say that I am happy that the cost of all meets, including Easters & Nationals, are built into our monthly coaches fees. Granted I do have to pay them every month, but when your child makes it you don't have to worry about paying the coaches fees in addition to everything else. To top it off, we have 4 coaches that will be there.

Maybe now that your dd is in the higher levels, set up a vacation club account that you can put money into weekly or monthly and have it set aside for when these big meets come up.

I would be very careful with personal fundraising and the NCAA and its rules-that is if your DD is interested in doing college level gym. (not to mention the IRS.) Better to hit up grandma or save up over the year as Granny Smith suggests. Last year a parent donated a Nintendo DS and a few games to the parents club (our parents club did not want to support our L9 that made Easterns last year) and they sold raffles at one of our local meets to win the DS. I think they made a few hundred and covered her with both the NCAA & IRS.

I would be very careful with personal fundraising and the NCAA and its rules-that is if your DD is interested in doing college level gym. (not to mention the IRS.) Better to hit up grandma or save up over the year as Granny Smith suggests. Last year a parent donated a Nintendo DS and a few games to the parents club (our parents club did not want to support our L9 that made Easterns last year) and they sold raffles at one of our local meets to win the DS. I think they made a few hundred and covered her with both the NCAA & IRS.
What do I need to watch for? I can't get corporate sponsors once she's in high school? or is it any kind of fundraising? Now I'm really worried!! :s No fundraising in our future!!! What if we have a non-profit "booster" club? ugh! too much to think about!

I'm not 100% sure about this as my dd's club does not have a booster club, but I'm pretty sure you just can't have money coming in directly to your dd. It is ok if a booster club raises money and distributes it evenly amonst the girls. Someone with a booster club needs to verify this.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back