Off Topic Going to miss it...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

School is over. I'm pretty depressed actually. I will more than likely never play basketball in a team again. How sad is that? I knew it was coming to an end, but it didn't really hit me until I got my diploma. Damn.... I don't know, part of me will just miss the whole competition aspect of a team sport. Anyone else feeling the same way??

Do you mean your done highschool or like college?
I guess that makes sense that you'd miss playing as a team. When i think about it, school is really the only place I get to do other sports other than gymnastics.

but i can tell you right now, this summer i won't be missing school, since i will have to do it all over again in grade 12.

It can be scary and sad when you leave school forever as one chapter of your life is closing but what is beyond is going to be an amazing exciting adventure. The end of school does not have to mean the end of team sports, why not get involved with a sporting club.

i am so excited for this year to end but i am sad because a bunch of my friends are graduating and going toff to college so I am goig to miss them a lot...Leaving school forever would be hard because we are all so used to it because we have gone for so long

For me the end of school brings a more intense college search and a lot of coaching hours (40hrs., some weeks). Still, I am looking forward to a change of pace...and fun things like Badger Girls State, nationals, pole vault camp, and my b-day! :p

I hear you. I was pretty bummed that I didn’t get to play in college, but it was for the best because I never would’ve been able to manage playing on a team with all the homework I had. You can always find a community league to play with or find a few friends to at least shoot some hoops with on the weekends.

I def won't miss it. I'm actaully counting down the days left of school. But I can't wait to start middle school!!

I hear you. I was pretty bummed that I didn’t get to play in college, but it was for the best because I never would’ve been able to manage playing on a team with all the homework I had. You can always find a community league to play with or find a few friends to at least shoot some hoops with on the weekends.

Exactly, I just get together with friends anytime I can because I miss playing so much. Obviously not the same as being on a team but I love the game and will take it any way shape or form. I still go to a ton of nba and wnba games when I can too. Gonna see the NY Liberty this summer actually against the Indiana Fever. It’s the first pro outdoor basketball game (men and women’s )ever so it’ll be a lot of fun to be there and be a part of it: http://www.wnba.com/liberty/news/outdoor_classic_2008.html

^^^
That could be really fun!! Being outdoors and watching sports is always a lot of fun, and when was the last time you saw a Professional outdoor basketball game? Obviously never! Thanks for the info!!

School is over. I'm pretty depressed actually. I will more than likely never play basketball in a team again. How sad is that? I knew it was coming to an end, but it didn't really hit me until I got my diploma. Damn.... I don't know, part of me will just miss the whole competition aspect of a team sport. Anyone else feeling the same way??
I totally know how you feel! I remember getting home from my graduation feeling all sad, because I realized that it was over forever. Trust me though, once you get to college you'll soon put it behind you and then the real fun starts! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back