Parents Going to regionals!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

V

ValleyGymMom

Great state meet! DD is still floating on air. Started on bars, good clean routine, nothing spectacular, but she hit all of her elements. Did drag her feet a bit coming out of her straddle back. 8.675. She needed to average 8.5 on each event to get a 34 to qualify. Easily do-able!
Next up on beam, a couple of little wobbles, 8.750. Great! She is right on target.
Floor was great, her coach actually said it was her best of the season (she usually averages around 9 on floor) but she came away with a 8.850. OK, still good.
So we did the math and figured out she needed a 7.7 on vault. Well, she is the very last vaulter of the day and walks away with a 9.275! I am so giddy with excitement I do the happy dance all the way back to my seat! I must have looked like a fool but I didn't care! :D
So AA 35.550 good for 4th place! Excellent! Now she has three weeks until regionals. And she is so ready! Good luck to all at regionals!

AMAZING! What great news!

Sounds like you were breathing pretty easy before that vault? Or were you pretty nervous still?

haha! I was confident she would pull it off, but you never know! But after her first vault I knew she had done it. And her second one was even better!

Congrats to her on a great State meet! It is always great to bring it on at States. Especially when they have more meets they can qualify for. Good luck to her at Regionals!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back