Parents going to state?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

V

ValleyGymMom

We have state in three weeks. Who else? Anything special you do to prepare for it?

Our L4 state meet is in about 3 weeks too. We aren't doing anything outside of what DD normally does at practice to prepare. I remember when my older DD went to her first state, we were all excited. However, once we got there, it just felt like any other meet except harder to place.

Juju's State meet is March 14-15.

In our state they split the Level 4 girls in half by the gymnast's highest AA score. Then the top half of the girls compete in a category called 'Open' and the lower half in a category called 'Novice'. Each category is then broken down into age groups for awards.

Do any other states do this? Just curious...

meet divisions

No, I have never heard of that. My daughter has only competed state at level 7 for two years and this is her second state at level 8. As far as I know they are divided by age. There are alot though, jr. A,B,C- middle A,B,C etc. Ours is March 28-29. Good luck !! Let me know results. :)

Our Level 4's here in NJ were split this year by Novice (first year) or Open (repeater). I have never heard of splitting by AA.

Big DD's Level 8 States will be March 28th weekend (if she qualifies).
Little Monkey's Level 5 States will be the weekend of May 17th.

Yes, older DD is going to states!:DI may see JuJu's mom there!
We are working on polishing routines now that we actually have all our skills! And de-frogging the RO BHS!:eek:
We are excited, states will be DD's second L4 meet!:)

DD States are March 21 & 22. This will be her first state meet as she broke her wrist a week before her L3 state meet and had to withdraw. She is competing Rookie 1. Which is am optional level where you cannot have competed L4 yet. She will compete L4 in the fall. We are not really doing anything different, just excited that she qualified!!

Good Luck to all going to states

In Texas , we have North State in 2 weeks and then State the following 2 weeks. I personally am so glad to get this season over with. It has been way too long. DD did finished Level 6 in Nov. and then started competing 7 in Dec. Long split 6/7 season. Good luck to everyone!!!!

My dd's States is also the weekend of March 28/29th (Level 8) - hope to see you there Gymmonkeymomma, maybe at Sectionals up at North Stars, we're going. So as you can see, she still has quite a bit of time until States.

As for me, well I am practicing my breathing techniques so I don't turn blue in the face. I think I tend to get more worked up about it than dd does - I get a little spastic about it when I think about it now, so God only knows how bad I'll be the week of States... :eek:

Our states are March 8th. It's kind of weird to me, because there are six sections of level fours, in all age groups (the only ones they combine are usually 11 and up) and every winner in every session in every age group gets the title of state champion.

This is my DD's second year competing level 4, and last year states was her worst meet. We are hoping the opposite will be true this year, but you just never know! I looked to see who we are competing against, and there is only one gym there that has totally wiped the floor with us in the past. DD is taking a private lesson every week until then to try to polish up the details (and stick that darn landing on the bars...her last meet she managed a 9.55 on bars even though she took 2 huge steps on the landing)

I told her that when she gets to the higher levels I will not be able to watch...they frown on parents passing out in the bleachers;)

She doesn't normally take private lessons, but she has been in the medals all year and always misses the AA by about 4 tenths. She would love to have a banner up in the gym with her name on it!
Snowbound

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back