Welcome to our Gymnastics Discussion Community
554,231 messages... 44,365 topics... and 6,612 members
Join for FREE!
Thank you for supporting our sponsors Energym Music & Norberts & High 5 Meets!

Good beam warmup!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gymnafreak

Nov 29, 2008
Minn eee sooo ta! :)
We have a really good warmup on beam that we do at our gym and i decided that i would share in case any of you guys are looking for a new beam warmup. First, we take 10 steps foreward with our eyes closed, then 10 steps backwards with our eyes closed, then 5 hops foreward with our eyes closed, and we do full turns down and back, eyes open. Then 5 handstand stepdowns on each leg, and 5 cartwheels. This is a really good warmup, and i like it alot. It has really helped our balance on beam becuase of the eyes closed thing. I just thought i'd share!:)

gymnafreak

Nov 29, 2008
Minn eee sooo ta! :)
All of the girls on my team are older, and we had to get used to it. It was really scary at first, but after we got used to it, it wasn't so bad. lets hope it helps because we have our first meet tomorrow!:eek:

Nightflare514

Jul 27, 2008
South Carolina.
Sounds like a good warmup! :) Thanks for sharing! If I had my eyes closed, I'd probably find a way to run into a pole-LOL. At least you are not doing big tricks with your eyes closed, like back-handsprings!!

Speaking of which, there's a level 6 at my gym, who can only do backwalkovers on the beam with her eyes closed--If she opens her eyes, she always falls!

ahs

Coach & Mom
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Feb 5, 2006
Wisconsin
Great warm up thanks for sharing. I'm not sure if I'll let my girls go on high beam with eyes closed just yet, but I would love to try it eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.