Good beam warmup!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We have a really good warmup on beam that we do at our gym and i decided that i would share in case any of you guys are looking for a new beam warmup. First, we take 10 steps foreward with our eyes closed, then 10 steps backwards with our eyes closed, then 5 hops foreward with our eyes closed, and we do full turns down and back, eyes open. Then 5 handstand stepdowns on each leg, and 5 cartwheels. This is a really good warmup, and i like it alot. It has really helped our balance on beam becuase of the eyes closed thing. I just thought i'd share!:)

That sounds really cool! See, if we did that with our team (L6), someone would probably break something. But I think it's awesome that you can do it.

All of the girls on my team are older, and we had to get used to it. It was really scary at first, but after we got used to it, it wasn't so bad. lets hope it helps because we have our first meet tomorrow!:eek:

Sounds like a good warmup! :) Thanks for sharing! If I had my eyes closed, I'd probably find a way to run into a pole-LOL. At least you are not doing big tricks with your eyes closed, like back-handsprings!!

Speaking of which, there's a level 6 at my gym, who can only do backwalkovers on the beam with her eyes closed--If she opens her eyes, she always falls!

Great warm up thanks for sharing. I'm not sure if I'll let my girls go on high beam with eyes closed just yet, but I would love to try it eventually.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back