Parents Good Bye level 5 . . . Hello level 6

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JessMom

Proud Parent
Our level 5 season has officially and finally come to an end.

We traveled back to Utica for Early Season States and had yet another adventure including a blown tire on the thruway making our drive 6 hours to get there.

Adventure aside we had a great weekend. Hanging out with the other families, gymnasts and coaches was a lot of fun. Everyone did very well and the team came in 6th place (out of I think 26 teams), Jess came in 8th AA and 2nd on Beam. She was very funny and said, with a big smile, "those little kids" kicked her butt and wished she could have competed against the 9 yr olds . . . because she kicked their butts. I'm not sure how old she *thinks* she is LOL

After the meet we all went to applebees to celebrate where I found a drink called an apple sangria . . . I'm in love . . it was delish! . . . but then we had to run home for our home meet Sunday. yes, we had a meet in Utica Saturday afternoon and a meet home Sunday. The things we do for our kids! Sunday's First place AA got a stuff bunny and she was determined to win it. Thankfully the drive home was 4 hours.

Sunday was a great way to end the season. Jess and her best friend placed in every event and yes, she won the bunny LOL. then it was back to applebees to celebrate again . . . . oh yea, and to have another apple sangria ;)

Level 5 has ended and tonight they learn the level 6 routines.

The weekend was not without drama, but I have moved on * LOL * so I won't mention it! :D It's a good thing chalk bucket was down . . . or this entire post would have been a rant.

I'm enjoying reading about everyone's States and a big good luck to everyone that still waiting to go

Great work Jess, nice to finish L5 on a high note. YOur meet reports are always entertaining.

GLad you found a new drink, I'll have to try it next time I am in the US!

You probably know about this. Because of the postponement (supposedly first time in 37 years) and whatever else the reason, Early States had to send the L6s over to CNY in Syracuse where they were holding their L9 states. What a mess it was (at no fault to anyone I might add). Some of the coaches had to go back and forth between the two gyms 45 mins away. I heard the last sessions on Sat at both gyms didn't finish until really really late. Our venue at Utica was OK but apparently CNY's didn't go that well. Ours was scheduled for 4:30pm on Sunday and we didn't get done until almost 9pm. (longest wait was between vault and bars; it was close to 1.5 hours) We decided not to stop for food after the meet and just went straight home.

Congrats to Jess BTW on having a good meet and moving onto L6. Great job!

Last edited:
Woohoo Jess! Congrats on a great finish to level 5. I know she will do great at level 6. :)

Congrats to Jess on a great state meet and a fantastic L5 season. Best of luck in L6.

PS: I love the the Peach Sangrias at Applebees :)

We are happy for her she did a great job! I'm glad for you too now that is over and onto the next new skills :D. I too will have to try that new drink the next time we go to Applebees!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back