WAG Good LONG video talk about mental blocks, fears, anxiety etc

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymisforeveryone

Coach
Judge

I just came across this video that actually made my day. It's good stuff, mostly things that I already knew and that are repeatedly mentioned on this forum too, but you can never think about these issues too much. I want to be the coach that has the tools to help an athlete to overcome all these mental struggles.

I know something about fears and blocks, my gymnasts have had a good share on them. But today was a good day, since I can now officially say that all of my 4 "elite squad" level 3 (somewhat equivalent to level 8 or 9 in the US) athletes are happily doing and sticking their beam series (BHS-BHS) on the high beam! It has been a long road for sure for every one of them but now I can see that the anxiousness is almost gone and they can enjoy gymnastics again! And meet season starts in theree weeks, yay!

Thank you for posting this! I watched it with both of my girls and it opened up a lot of issues for discussion that would have been swept under the rug. Our favorite parts were building your brick wall one "perfect" brick at a time, staying in your own bubble, and using mental choreography to help overcome injury, fears, and mental blocks. Perfect timing on this post!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back