Parents Good Luck to Cait this weekend!!! (iggy1988)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mariposa

Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Sending out the best of luck to Cait this weekend at TOPS in Houston. Have a blast!!! Let's all send her our well wishes for a fun, exciting and productive weekend!

Wow! Thanks so much, Mariposa!

Cait went to gym for an hour today, and our usually bubbly, confident gymmie looked like she was going to throw up! After every single skill, she'd tighten her pony, which must be a nervous signal that has not appeared before now. One coach was telling me later how Cait has never had a confidence issue and has never even looked like she was going to cry in gym like many occasionally do when frustrated or afraid or whatever. She said they weren't even sure how to deal with Cait being like that, but I assured the coach that they said everything I'd want them to say. They were wonderfully encouraging and motivating to Cait, and I hope that what they said and the pep talks Sean and I have had with her stick. The coaches think/hope/pray that her nerves are peaking now, which is obviously better than in Houston. Cait's a fighter, and her perserverence should help her.

Really, what I hope and pray for most this weekend is that Caitlyn: believes in herself and has confidence, lets her sparkly personality shine, goes all out, does the best she can, and has fun! (And, out of all of those, doing the best she can is least important, although I know how important it is to her and how great it will make her feel!) Please pray/send fairies for those things for Cait as well.

Iggy says thank you, Mariposa! He is trying to go to sleep, but I keep waking him up. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
OMGosh ThnkGd4Kds. I am sooooo sorry that I forgot to put your name up their as well. I associate you with Iggy, but Cait with Iggy. I can't believe I did that.

Anyway, I hope she can calm down and realize she is just going to show off all her hard work, have a blast, make new friends and be able to say she has done something that not many gymnasts will ever get to do.

I am sure all of us CBers will have her in our thoughts and send her calming, good luck vibes for Houston. She will have fairies being sent from allover the US, Canada and abroad. :)

Again, sooooo sorry I didn't remember to put you in the title. Maybe Bog can fix it for me since I can't edit it now. :( I HATE not being able to edit posts/titles here. It is one of the only things that drive me nuts about these forums. All my other forums allow you to, but not this one. :(

Are you kidding me?! :D Mariposa, I'm so touched that you created the thread that I didn't give the only-Iggy-in-the-title a thought! Don't you even think about it, either. No need to edit; your post was wonderful as it was.

Thanks for the calming, good vibes and fairies. I so appreciate your support!

I just want to tag onto Mariposa's wonderful thread. I will be sending some fairies to Houston.
I will also say some prayers for Cait and your family. What an amazing experience this will be for all of you, especially Cait. She is very talented and nothing that happens this weekend can take that from her.
Play the song "I Hope You Dance" for her from me !!

She's gonna rock Houston!

Sending my "have fun in Houston" wishes too! What an amazing opportunity...I'm sure she's gonna have a BLAST!

Play the song "I Hope You Dance" for her from me !!
OMGosh, that's one of my songs to my children! I "make" my kids closely listen to the words. :) What a great idea to have Cait listen to it again; I'll make sure she does. Thanks, gymmomntc!
Holding back tears . . . (The song itself can make me cry! The fact that you mentioned it as well as offered your support choked me up. :eek:) . . .

Cait will have a blast, and once she sees how many other little girls "just like her" are there she'll be her normal self. It'll be like summer camp with animals!

Sending her some "have a blast"fairies from Quebec.

I'd offer good luck, but I don't believe she needs it. She is talented, determined, has solid grounding and support from her loved ones, and completely ready!

She's going to have a wonderful time this weekend and her light will shine! Let her know that we're thinking of her and wishing her the best.

We can't wait for the update:D

Gooooooooo Cait!
We have 2 girls going to Houston from our gym too and I am nervous and excited for them and for her too!
Pleeease give us an update when you can!:)

I'm sure she'll have a blast and won't be nervous at all! Our gym is sending 6 girls, too. What an opportunity for all of them! Can't wait to hear how much she loved it! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back