Welcome to our Gymnastics Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Good online workout for kids

klv8

Proud Parent
Jul 14, 2015
Country
USA
Snow day, so no gymnastics and we are inside. My daughter cheered up a bit when I said I'd at least find a workout for her to do. Can anyone recommend a good workout video for young gymnasts? Just something to keep her active (yet safe) during a long day indoors.

Reactions: Jard.the.gymnast

Amanda

Proud Parent
Nov 19, 2016
Country
USA
I love almost all of the workout videos on fitnessblender.com. You can search by style (ie Hiit, cardio, pilates, strength), intensity (1-5), length, part of the body (ie core, lower) etc. My daughter did some of their workouts when she was needing to condition without much impact. They have everything- and I love their attitude about health and fitness.

Reactions: txgymfan and klv8

MuggleMom

Proud Parent
Former Gymnast
Dec 22, 2016
Virginia
Country
USA
My daughter used to do the sworkit app on my phone--similar to the above you can customize the work out its on the phone so they can do it in any room in the house. My daugher also used random furnuture movers (the little circle things that help you move ont he floor etc they use them at the gym sometimes) to make up her own conditioning routine once--kinda funny to watch.

txgymfan

Administrator
Staff member
Coach
Proud Relative
Fan
Sep 4, 2008
Houston
Country
USA
My daughter used to do the sworkit app on my phone--similar to the above you can customize the work out its on the phone so they can do it in any room in the house. My daugher also used random furnuture movers (the little circle things that help you move ont he floor etc they use them at the gym sometimes) to make up her own conditioning routine once--kinda funny to watch.

Paper plates work in place of furniture movers too.

klv8

Proud Parent
Jul 14, 2015
Country
USA
Good ideas! She did a couple of short Fitness Blender workouts, and was thrilled when I showed them to her. I think she'd really like the furniture mover/paper plate idea too. We have some sturdy paper plates that would work well. I might suggest that tomorrow. Thanks for the help!

Reactions: Amanda and txgymfan