Off Topic Good Scary Movies!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Heya,

It's the Sept. weekend this week so me and my friends have decided to have a sleepover and we need scary movies, but we've seen most of them from the past 2 years ish...

Anyone know any good ones?

P.S. we can't stand gory ones. Just scary ones!!! And the certificate doesn't matter.

That's kind of tough as most horror movies these days have some amount of gore. But, here's a few to try:

The Craft (creep factor but not terrifying)
Nightbreed (one of my all time favorites but may be hard to find)
Queen of the Damned
Sixth Sense (not billed as a horror movie but definitely creepy)
Sleepy Hollow (Johnny Depp version)
Storm of the Century (Stephen King miniseries on DVD)
Rose Red (another SK miniseries available on DVD)
Trick or Treat (80s flick; hard to find)
Sweeney Todd (Johnny Depp; has some gore but still a great flick)

There are also the "new classics" like the Nightmare on Elm Streets and the Scream series. There is some gore in those, though I don't remember it being excessive. Also, not all Nightmares are created equal. Go for the first one or the third one as those were the best.

Night of the living dead - scary zombie movie
Sean of the Dead - hysterically funny zombie movie British too
The Rocky Horror Picture show - camp rock horror - cult favourite
Blair Witch Project - scary and no gore

Great scary movie, worth watching again if you have already seen it..

The Descent

BUT unfortunately it has a few gory moments.

I LOVE RHPS but I don't think of it as horror. It's too funny! Blair Witch Project was good but I did get annoyed at the wiggly camera through the whole thing.

I LOVE RHPS but I don't think of it as horror. It's too funny! .

But every body has to see it, it is just so good. "I can feel you shiver with anticip............ation!" and the Time Warp, at least they have a chain saw massacre scene!

But every body has to see it, it is just so good. "I can feel you shiver with anticip............ation!" and the Time Warp, at least they have a chain saw massacre scene!

OMG!!! Are you ever bringing back memories!!! I'm now doing the Time Warp in my mind. How crazy would my think I am if I get up and start dancing? :p

How about:

The Bad Seed
The Good Son
The Butterfly Effect
The Shining
The Birds
It's Alive
Fright Night
Poltergeist
Serpent and theRainbow

Many of these are very old...but good and creepy!!!

Ooo..... I forgot all about Poltergeist. That's a good one. I also liked Fright Night, though it's definitely on the campy side.

Oh, another one is Hide and Seek with Robert De Niro. That one has a creepy twist at the end. You could also try The Village by M. Night Shamalan (sp).

I LOVE RHPS but I don't think of it as horror. It's too funny! Blair Witch Project was good but I did get annoyed at the wiggly camera through the whole thing.

I felt like I needed a dramamine watching Blair Witch Project - the camera really was annoying !!!

The Omen (the original, with Gregory Peck)
April Fools' Day (terrible, campy late-80s horror flick)
Audition (Japanese)
The Ring (Ring II was pretty stupid)
The Grudge

OMG!!! Are you ever bringing back memories!!! I'm now doing the Time Warp in my mind. How crazy would my think I am if I get up and start dancing? :p
Come on, now. It's just a jump to the left...

Last edited:
Omg I love the Ring! The Japanese one was actually terrifying, but the second English one was a load of crap. Might try the Rocky Horror and a few of the Johnny Depp ones... we do love Johnny!

Thanks a lot!

Oh yeah, did you know that Johnny Depp was in the first Nightmare on Elm Street?

I love the original.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iunx2MnvN6o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iunx2MnvN6o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back