Good Team Camps

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was wondering if anyone new of any good summer camps that my team could go to in the NC,SC,VA, area? Next summer would be the first year our team has done any camp together, and my coach is trying to find a good one!

There is Flip Fest in Crossville, TN (between Nashville and Knoxville). Cabins hold up to 16 girls, you can be with your teammates, you can have a team parent or coach chaperone the cabin (or someone you don't know if that's what you choose), and your coach and be involved in the gym. It's a good camp with nice facilities, non-gym activities, and good coaches. They also have visiting Olympians each week. If a coach brings 10 or more gymnasts I think they get to come for free with housing provided for them.
You could also try a college camp in NC. I think NCSU has one and it looks like UNC does as well, not totally sure about that one though. I think some of the other posters on this board are more familiar with those camps so they might be able to provide some input. Typically at camps at universities you stay in dorms so you wouldn't all be together, but you would probably be paired up with teammates in your room and be close to the others. I'm also not sure what their rules on visiting coaches are. But someone can probably fill you in. Here are some websites:
Flip Fest- The Camp - Flip Fest
NC State- 2010 Gymnastics Camp Info - NC State University Wolfpack - Official Athletics Site

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back