Good vibes needed!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

msl529

Hi all,

DD has her 2nd meet of her L6 Season this weekend (Sunday afternoon), and since her last meet was not exactly stellar, I am really hoping there will be at least some portion of this meet that goes well/gives her a boost of confidence! Is that asking too much? I'm not asking for a 37AA or anything! :rollingeyes:

Several obstacles/challenges this weekend:

~Another "Traditional" format meet, like her last one :raspberry:. DD did NOT like this last time, and up until then had never competed that format, in her prior 3 years of competing! I have not said a word abut the format :ziplip:, but I know she will figure it out soon enough after she arrives. I just hope she doesn't let it get to her too much!

~Not very many L6's in this meet at all (like, 8 or something) so all the L6's are lumped together in one age group. Four of them are from her own L6 team at her gym. Normally, b/c of their ages, the girls from her gym would almost all have their own age group, which = more chances for each of them to succeed & medal, without feeling like they are edging a team mate out of a medal, or losing to their own team mates. I know, I know, this is all part of the sport. DD had plenty of experience w/ this at her last gym, but it was always handled w/ very good sportsmanship. I'm a bit 'iffy' about a couple of the other L6 girls here & am not sure how nice they are going to be. I just hate it when things get 'catty' :spit:!

~I continue to just want her to enjoy her sport, and hope it's a fun meet w/ some sense of accomplishment/success for DD :scared:

Thanks!

Good Luck to her! Level 6 is challenging enough without having to deal with catty girl stuff as well. I will keep my fingers crosed for her.:eek:

Good luck to her for the meet.

Isn't it a good thing that our girls don't know everything that goes around in our heads before meet, they'd be totally freaked out!:D I am sure she'll do fine with the format, it is the 2nd time now, and I am sure that she will improve from last time.

Hopefully you can enjoy it too......as for the nasty girls stuff:mad:

L6 is tuff enough without catty girly issues.

:goodvibes: I am sending LOTS of positive vibes for a really great meet experience...

:goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

that enough? sorry, I am only allowed 10 per post... :)

:goodvibes: I am sending LOTS of positive vibes for a really great meet experience...

:goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

LOL! I am feelin' all those good vibes! Sorry you had to max out your allowance, LOL!

Really? Only 10, that isn't nearly enough to keep the humour flowing is it? I wonder if that's fixable, hmmm I'll check it out.

Really? Only 10, that isn't nearly enough to keep the humour flowing is it? I wonder if that's fixable, hmmm I'll check it out.
I know, I love those smileys! I'd like to try to write an entire post, only using smileys, w/ no words!! Ha!

Sending lots of positive vibes your way for Sunday. At least dd has been through 1 traditional style meet, so hopefully this time she'll feel a little more comfortable doing it. I know, my gymmie hates that format with a passion. On the upside with only a few L6s they should move quickly and it may not seem that bad.

Guess this is the chance to really get to know the other L6s. Sometimes when its just a few girls they tend to cling together---hopefully no catty stuff.

Sending the vibes from NC .................

good luck - once she is used to the format she will be fine

Good luck to her for the meet.

Isn't it a good thing that our girls don't know everything that goes around in our heads before meet, they'd be totally freaked out!:D I am sure she'll do fine with the format, it is the 2nd time now, and I am sure that she will improve from last time.

Hopefully you can enjoy it too......as for the nasty girls stuff:mad:
Thanks! Yes, it is good I have learned to keep my psycho-worrying to myself (well, at least I'm not telling DD, w/ you all, it's different)!

For some reason I am just agitated this week, thanks for letting me vent.

"It's ALL GOOD", right?!

GOOD LUCK !!!!

Yes it is all good - she will do wonderful and then you will ask yourself what you were worried about. I saw the video you posted - she is a beautiful gymnast - you have nothing to worry about - but I'm still sending lots of good vibes your way. :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

GOOD LUCK !!!!

Yes it is all good - she will do wonderful and then you will ask yourself what you were worried about. I saw the video you posted - she is a beautiful gymnast - you have nothing to worry about - but I'm still sending lots of good vibes your way. :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:
Aawww! Thanks so much, you are so sweet. Let us know when your DD's 1st Cheer Comp is, I'll want to wish her good luck for that ! And post videos if you can!

Good luck to her. I will tell you I do not miss compulsary meets. By Level 7 all meets are Capital Cup in MN of some sort. It rocks. DD and I will say a prayer for your DD on sunday. Sometimes the improvement is not shown in the score but in how well you survive the meet. LOL:p

Good luck to her. I will tell you I do not miss compulsary meets. By Level 7 all meets are Capital Cup in MN of some sort. It rocks. DD and I will say a prayer for your DD on sunday. Sometimes the improvement is not shown in the score but in how well you survive the meet. LOL:p
Thank you, a prayer would be most appreciated! I think one for my attitude would also be good (i.e., have a good time, relax, enjoy the moment, don't worry abtout the scores, etc.!).

We will be sitting w/ many gym parents we don't really know yet, so hope that goes well! Don't want to put my foot in my mouth, ha-ha!

Yeah, I look forward to the day when DD gets out of compulsories! Looks like it may still be a while, SIGH! No wonder so many girls quit at L6. The scoring alone is so tight, it's unbelieveable! And the jump from L5 to L6 in skills (in some of the events) is pretty major (esp. bars, holy cow!, used to be DD's best event, now it's her worst)! I think the jump from L5 to L6 is harder than the one from L4 to L5! Please tell me it's not as bad to L7, sheesh!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back