Coaches Got my kip back

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Zivaah

Coach
Judge
Heya,
do you guys know the feeling, when your gymnasts are training and it is starting itching everywhere because you want to get back at the apparatuses so badly?
I had to quit doing gymnastics 8 years ago due to an injury and no chances to train on an lower level and I am still very restricted sport wise. However, I never stopped being in the gym for at least two times a week coaching my lovely girls. Recently, I started a bet with one of my gymnasts, if either she is getting the damn sole circle or I get my kip back. Not an easy task because I gained around 20 kilos haha. But in the end, I won! She quitted to pursue dancing (and she is very good in it) , but is still in the gym as a young coach. I must admit, right now I just have my running kip back, but I will continue to get my glide and longhang kip. Getting it back the second time is as rewarding as the first time! The kip can be such a frustrating skill! Good luck in teaching it to your girls (and boys) and maybe try it from time to time on your own. It made me appreciate even more what my girls achieve day to day in the gym!

Cheers,
Zivaah

Congrats! About 13 years ago when I was pregnant with my first child one of my fellow coaches told me I would never be able to kip again after I had the baby. Well, about 3 months after my daughter was born I got my kip back, ha! Proved her wrong! It’s been about 5 years now since I’ve done one, I’m going to have to start trying again. I’ll have to call or something like Kipping at near 40 challenge

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back