Coaches Got the Coaching job!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I applied to my longed loved gymnastics gym and I got the job of coach, I will be a coach assistant at first then by January I will hopefully get my very own class! I haven't worked that much with levels 1-2 only 3 and above. What do I have to do to be prepared to do during these levels?
Also do you know any web sites that have free gymnastics training schedules?
THANKS!:)

Be prepared to have patience, lots of positive energy, and approach each kid with the belief that they have more capacity to learn than other people may give them.

Congrats! The lower level classes can be a challenge but also lots of fun, you have the special privilege of introducing kids to gymnastics and helping them fall in love with the sport. There will be days you want to pull your hair out, but plenty of other days that will MORE than make up for it. I think the most important thing is to be patient, be open to last minute changes in plan, and keep the kids moving and having fun.
Learn as much as you can from your fellow coach as you work as an assistant and don't be afraid to ask questions. I'm sure you'll be great!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back