Grades and levels?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Megsmum

Proud Parent
I wondered if anyone could advise how the grades and levels work, my daughter completed her grade 5 earlier in the year and just completed her regional level 5. I wondered if someone could tell me what the difference is and also someone mentioned that the scores will be combined to give an overall score, what does this mean? Thank you

How old is your daughter? If she's born in 2011 she may have competed compulsory 5 earlier this year and then voluntary 5 recently. If so then these levels are set by the region you are in and you would need to speak to someone in that region or your coach. This would make her an in age gymnast. Levels 4 and up are set by BG and there are national rules and finals.

If she is 2010 born then she would have competed club grade 5 earlier this year and out of age level 5 recently. Club grades are fairly simple skills but with the expectation of extremely high execution. They are set by BG but are competed within your own region. Again your region would have set any rules for a combined score.

Hope that helps a bit.

How old is your daughter? If she's born in 2011 she may have competed compulsory 5 earlier this year and then voluntary 5 recently. If so then these levels are set by the region you are in and you would need to speak to someone in that region or your coach. This would make her an in age gymnast. Levels 4 and up are set by BG and there are national rules and finals.

If she is 2010 born then she would have competed club grade 5 earlier this year and out of age level 5 recently. Club grades are fairly simple skills but with the expectation of extremely high execution. They are set by BG but are competed within your own region. Again your region would have set any rules for a combined score.

Hope that helps a bit.

Thanks for the info! That makes a bit more sense, it is all very confusing... she was born in 2011 and completed compulsory 5. So from what you said they will do a combined score but depends on the region to how this works. I'll see if i can find out more from coach. Thanks again

Reactions: rd7

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back