Grades Training Hours

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

SXS524

Coach
Gymnast
Anyone here training for club grades (14-9) or know of them?
One of the clubs I coach for is looking into entering girls into the club grade competitions (currently they only do rec comps) so I was wondering what the average weekly hours of training was for each level?

as far as I know there aren't any.

P&F did 12 this year and trains 9 1/2 hours a week, most of the girls I saw went 3 times a week for 2 hours + a session

She has not upped her hours as she has moved through the grades.

Thanks for the reply Margo :) I was guessing around those training hours. The club I coach at is limited on hours and space so was trying to work out whether club grades would be realistic!

Agreed the hardest thing about grade 14 seems to be the R&C especially getting all three splits! The Bars routine seems to be a matter of strength rather then skill!

It varies. I know of one club who put girls in for 14 on 24 hrs+ a week. I know of others who manage to compete grades on 9 hours. Then there are those in between.

At my club club grades 14 and 13 are done on 10 hours a week and then go up to doing 14hours. I'm currently doing national grade 8 and me and the other grade 8s at my club train 16hours a week.

Our club has only relatively recently started doing club grades and all the girls doing them train between 3 and 9 hours a week (although they've said 6+ hours minimum for comps and I'm not sure if the same rule will apply to grades or whether they'll just take longer to get their skills).

Wow lots have changed since I competed 10yrs ago (feel old) I did the old club grades 3,2,1 & vol 1 and trained 20hrs a wk. my DD is 3 and does pre-school gym which she loves so just put her name down for rec classes for when she turns 4.

My girls are doing grade 14 this year and they currently do 4 hours a week (this will be increasing throughout the year though) :)

Thanks for the responses everyone! Crazy that training hours for grade 14 vary between 4-24 hours!! I've just started a development squad and they will start by training 3 hours a week (one session a week) I'm hoping I'll be able to increase their hours nearer summer though!

To be fair I think that part of the reason for the vast difference is the amount of up-training gyms do. My DD's gym do a lot of up-training. So whilst she's doing grade 14 on 9 hours a considerable amount of that time is spent conditioning and on skill progressions that are further up the grade structure.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back