Parents Great camp week...(bragging here!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

UnoMas

Proud Parent
Well, today was day 4 of our gym's team camp. Both my gymmies are going, and my older DD has really had fun. She is doing her first full year of L4 this year (did 2 meets last year) and she is SO ready with her L4 routines they have been letting her train L5 skills.

This week, she got her RO BHS BHS (actually can do a RO 4BHS!) cartwheel on beam, and is soooooooo very close to her kip...I mean SO close! It's so fun to see her learning new things after many months of L4 L4 L4 L4!:eek:

Little gymmie is really improving as well, still having a very tough time on bars at L2 but floor is looking great and vault is much better.

Thanks for listening to me brag.

Anyone else having a great camp or great summer?:)

I love brags! Nothing makes me smile more then new skills. One day I was watching through the window and got all excited when someone did something . . . can't remember what . . . but the woman next to me said "that was great ! your daughter must be excited" I laughed and said "I'm sure she is, but she's not mine . . mine is over there" she looked at me like I was alien. LOL.

Once they start doing those BHS they just keep going and going . . face it . . . it's GOT to be fun! Nothing more fun then seeing how many you can do before you hit a wall or land on your head!

Sounds like your big girl is going to rock L4 this year and kill it in L5 next year!

Since I'm new to USAG, I have no idea what L2 is . . . but with big sis as a leading example your little one will be flying on those bars before you know it!

CONGRATS!!!!

Last edited:
Congrats to them! Glad team camp is going great. My girls always loved team camp (well, the older one isn't there anymore--she went high school) because they got to work harder skills there.

Congrats to your dd's! Isn't it a great feeling when they accomplish new skills?

My dd is finishing up week 3 of camp. One more week to go. They had their camp show last night where all the campers and team members do a dance and some tumbling passes. My dd actually did her punch front (front tuck)!! She looked up at me like, YES! I was so happy for her. She landed kind of on her feet and her butt but she didn't land on her back so that was an accomplishment! We'll see if she can keep it up. :)

Netty, I wish we had some kind of show at the end of camp...but no...we have to wait till meet season to see everything! And since my DD is doing L4 again...it'll be awhile before we get to watch anything new and exciting! We don't have our first meet until November. A front tuck...even landing on the butt...is VERY impressive! My DD has been trying back tucks in the pit but not tooooo successful yet!

Jessmom, I love watching everybody learn new things, too. I am always so excited especially for our new L5's when they get the dreaded kip...I think almost everybody understands what a big deal that is when they finally get it! I always love it when the whole gym claps for them!

L2 bars has a pullover, back hip circle, and sole circle dismount. She is struggling a LOT with all the bar skills...she is not very strong yet. She is doing TOPS and getting a little stronger every day though! Her floor routine has headstand, handstand, backward roll, cartwheel and those things all look good now. Beam has a forward roll and a tuck jump, and vault is just a handstand on a springboard to flatback on a mat. But getting that little body over while keeping a straight body has proved to be harder than one would think for my little gymmie! Hopefully tomorrow at her meet (in-house) she will have some luck. I guess we'll see!;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back