Parents Great coaches

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

RTT2

Proud Parent
Let's hear it for all of the great coaches out there who work so hard to help our kids be successful. We moved from a toxic, verbally abusive environment, so I deeply appreciate really good coaching. So what you appreciate about your kid's coaches?

I love that both of my kids are in gyms with kind, experienced coaches who work really hard to bring out the best in the kids they work with. At DD's gym they are outstanding technical coaches, and operate on a carrot vs the stick mindset. They offer rewards for hard work and improvement and never punish. They are bright and creative and find ways to teach the skills in different ways so that each kid "gets" it. I love hearing the little inspiring stories her coaches share or ways they find to motivate the kids. My son's gym really gets the boy energy. They work hard, but leave room for play and tolerate some of the boy craziness while still maintaining discipline.

What other qualities make for a great coach?

My DD has a wonderful coach since 3 years. She seems to be very good at reading the kids and is able to understand each of her gymnasts. She also has a lot of patience and has a very positive attitude during meets. ( on first meet ever my dd fell of the beam and was crying (out of fear and shame...) and she calmly persuaded her to go back and re do or BWO...). i do know how she does it but she never seems exasperated or frustrated, neither having a bad day.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back