DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
I found this one on the Tumbl Trak videos. What a great drill to teach the basic concept of a front hip circle. Don't forget to goto http://www.tumbl-trak.com.

[YOUTUBE]95Pq4kx0NLE[/YOUTUBE]​

Just a bar pad. We use them for back hip and free hips as well.

This is how Juju learned her front hip. She was really struggling with them at the gym and was no where close to getting it. I don't typically play coach but I saw this drill and let her work on it at home. In no time she had it! She was only 5 and had it before all her other team mates who were much older then her. It is a great way for them to feel the speed required and learn to no drop their bottoms which was my DD's biggest problem. I am glad to see it being shown so prominantly here. I wish more coaches were more familiar with this drill.

I've seen that drill before, but I don't know. I'm sure it helps some, but I tried it myself, and it didn't feel much like a front hip circle to me. Could have been the tucked aspect. Maybe I should try it piked. I mostly teach it the pike/end part from a position like halfway through the circle (piked around the bar with head at 6 o clock under bar), do three "swings" back and forth, and then "sit up."

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back