Parents Great Meet!(brag alert!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mpkbt

Proud Parent
We just got back from dd's 5th level 5 meet. She had a great meet. She started on Bars and looked great. I know nothing about what makes a good routine but it looked great to me. Her sis said she needed to tighten up on her jump to the high bar but even she gave her high praise. She got a 9.25. On beam she looked very poised and I was worried because both her sisters were beam timers and runners! I was just waiting for one of them to start laughing at her and her to lose her concentration. It not something I expected since it wasn't our gyms meet. They just came over and asked them since they were short handed. She did great and got a 9.25. Her only problem on beam was not holding her handstand dismount. She did great on floor and got a 9.2. Vault is always her weakest event and I was worried for her. She must be improving( I can't tell....vault mystifies me!) she got a 9.0! She ended up getting 1st on every event and the all around! If she can keep this up she should rock state in........2 more months! Man this is going to be a looong season!

Like I said in a previous thread....she should be the poster girl for 'this is what the L5 routines are supposed to look like:D Great meet. Brag on mamma!!!!!

Wow! What a great meet. 1st in everything - Way to go! Sounds like she'll be more than ready for States! Good luck.....sending fairies your way for State.

What a fantastic meet !! She should be so proud and with lots of time before State's too - she will ROCK at states !!

We just got back from dd's 5th level 5 meet. She had a great meet. She started on Bars and looked great. I know nothing about what makes a good routine but it looked great to me. Her sis said she needed to tighten up on her jump to the high bar but even she gave her high praise. She got a 9.25. On beam she looked very poised and I was worried because both her sisters were beam timers and runners! I was just waiting for one of them to start laughing at her and her to lose her concentration. It not something I expected since it wasn't our gyms meet. They just came over and asked them since they were short handed. She did great and got a 9.25. Her only problem on beam was not holding her handstand dismount. She did great on floor and got a 9.2. Vault is always her weakest event and I was worried for her. She must be improving( I can't tell....vault mystifies me!) she got a 9.0! She ended up getting 1st on every event and the all around! If she can keep this up she should rock state in........2 more months! Man this is going to be a looong season!

WTG!!!! sounds like she is in the groove.

2 more months!! when does your season start and when does it end?

We have 2 seasons a year one from Jan - Apr the other from Sept - dec.

Cher062....They started in January and State is not until the 3rd week in June. We are new to this state so I am not sure if this is usual or not. It makes for a short summer and not a lot of time to work new skills. We are on our 9th weekend of straight competitions. Between 2 gymnasts and one swimmer it has been a long 2 months.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back