Parents Great Night For DD!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DbacksMom75

Proud Parent
Little Phoebe (my gymmie) had beam and vault practice tonight. She is progressing so fast! She did a beam routine with her group and realized it was the Level 4 routine! And she nailed it, I only wish I had my video camera. I work most days that she goes so I haven't seen the progress she has made until tonight. She also did the level 4 vault, 3 times in a row and nailed it every time. This was after 45 minutes of TOPS strength training. I was speechless to say the least.
After practice I told her how proud I was of her and asked her where it came from and she said "Well mom I just pretended I was Shawn". :D
Now they are thinking about competing her Level 4 in January! Her only concern is that one of her best friends up north competes Level 4 in the same age group and she doesn't want to compete against her (they come down to the valley for most of their comps).

Sorry for the bragging but I am just so proud of her!

Liz
:nurse: (I found a nurse smiley!)

how awesome for her! they do progress so fast. it is crazy. my DD will have to compete against her best friend (she goes to another gym) probably next year. our gym has them do 2 seasons of 4 (not years) and since she is not competing til january, will have to do at least a few at L4 fall of next year (if she sticks with it). her best friend will be competing L4 by then and she is crazy talented. i told her just to focus always on her performance, doing better each meet, not competing with the other girls.

way to go to phoebe!

Woohoo Phoebe !!! Sounds like she is doing great. And your her mom - it is totally your job to brag about her :D

Good job, girlie! These kids never cease to amaze me with the things they can do.

That is awesome. The nice thing about not watching every time is that if you only check in every few months you get to see real progress.

On competing against her friend-- I thought most states did level 4 achievement awards only. Is that not the case? I don't even know what our state does with girls because we didn't live here when dd was level 4, but my ds competed level 4 last year and for the boys it was achievement only.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back