Greetings from VA!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

MasterPuppeteer

Greetings folks, I'm a mom to two recreational gymnasts. Ballerina Girl is 5 years old and Science Boy is 7. This is their first year doing gymnastics and both love, love, love it. They are in a serious gym (with former Olympians in their alumni list) and are going twice a week. I love it that I found this forum and I'm looking forward to learning the ins-and-outs of being a gymnastics mom.

Welcome and greetings from NC.

We moved to NC from NOVA 3 years ago and LOVE it here. My DD is 8, and will be an official L4 as of Dec 15. She competed L3 this season and was supposed to compete in her season finale on Saturday - however, she fractured a growth plate in her wrist area and is out of commission for 4-6 weeks.

Welcome to CB. It is a great place for information and support.

Hi ya! Its REALLY nice to see your son is also interested in Gymnastics. Sadly, boys gymnastics is uncommon around our area. So that's just awesome. Lots of physics in gym, so he'll fit right in if he like science.

I'm also learning the in's and out's... and there is plenty to learn. Luckily, we found Chalk Bucket. I wouldn't know what to do without the support of other more experienced gymmies, coaches and parents. We got em all here!

If you're at all like me... you're going to have as much fun on Chalk Bucket as your kids do on the Gymnastic mats! Except of course..were mostly pink..and mats are blue...and are more squishy. And we parents don't have to do back handsprings, or...ummm.. OK OK... it's not the same. But you'll have fun anyway. Trust me.

Tim

Welcome to the CB:)! I have two kids, dd is 10 and just finished level 4 competition season, and ds is 11 and loves to play guitar:cool:. He tried gymnastics a few years ago, but it wasn't really his thing. Secretly, I think he thought he could show up his sister:rolleyes:! Anyways, this is a great place to share - have fun:)!

Hey guys, thanks for the warm welcome! Since both my kids are just rec gymnasts, I don't quite know the lingo yet, but I'm starting to learn. Ballerina Girl is showing lots of promise. She got placed in a higher level rec class with a bunch of older girls (7-9 year olds) and she seems to be holding her own. Very flexible back, can climb the rope halfway up now only after 2.5 months of classes.

gymmomntc2e6: Ouch! Your poor dd! How's she holding up?

Tim_Dad: I put my son in gymnastics because he's such a bouncy kid. He didn't really show much interest at first, but he really, really wanted to learn how to breakdance so I figured learning some solid gymnastics tricks would be a good foundation for his future career in "America's Best Dance Crew." (Heh.) Anyway, he's really taken to it too. Not as well as his sister, but he's holding his own. It helps that our gym has a very strong boys' tradition, that Boys' Gymnastics is very popular in my area, that our gym is owned by two men, and that both his coaches are guys.

GymmomOR1127: Science Boy wants to learn how to play the guitar too! Renaissance Man, that kid.

Welcome! This is a great place to get all your questions answered! Great people, all with a common interest. I have four children... oldest son is 16, plays select baseball and highschool baseball, oldest daughter is 13 and Junior highschool cheerleader, younger son is 11 and plays select baseball, youngest daughter is 7 and is a level 5 gymnast. :)

Welcome. I have 3 children. Oldest dd is 11 - competed level 7, but just recently switched over to the dark side (cheer) b/c of an injury. My other dd is 10 and she plays soccer and does theater. My ds is 6 - and he also bounces off the wall - he plays ice hockey and flag football.

Welcome to the CB! I am also in VA!! DD is 13 and a Level 6. We just attended the Commonwealth Cup (1 1/2 hr from home). Got there, and DD got sick in the bathroom (at least it wasn't on the floor!). So she didn't compete after all that driving. Thank goodness it wasn't technically a "travel" meet!!! Anyway, she's beend doing gymnastics for several years now. Started off in the rec. program too! Which gym do you go to? There were some really talented girls/gyms at the meet.

-Lynn

Welcome to CB! Good luck to both of your children. :) I also join in in saying it's good to see boys doing the sport with it under attack on the men's side right now. The more people involved the better. I'll also add this is a good board with a lot of good people. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back