WAG Grips adjustment time?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter just started wearing grips and regressed for a couple weeks. It helped she started wearing them before she really started doing much high bar, so there wasn't much of a set back. One coach did mention needing to ensure her hands would still be able to grip the bar with grips do to her size, but she wears the smallest size (000) and can still get her hands around them. I don't think being small (if there hands can fit around the bar) makes it harder. I think it's more of being able to trust the grips, and that can take some time from what I have heard.

I glad I found this post... my daughter wears a narrow grip (just right Gibson) because she's very tiny. This season coach is telling her to wear the regular grips. Supergrips brand. She had them grips for a few months now and she wears them to just break in. She still prefers her narrow ones. Coach is saying she's worried she might peele off the bars???? Because the grips is not supporting her enough??? Can this be true? My dd is asking to buy her new ones of the Gibson because she likes to feel the bars. Coach said no but to continue wearing her supergrips until she gets used to them. She hardly wears them!

You can peel with or without grips.

Again there are many high level gymnasts who don't use grips.

Grips don't prevent peels

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back