WAG Grips for very tiny wrists?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymmamabear

Proud Parent
This question is for my daughter. She's 10 years old and her grips are bothering her. She has VERY very tiny wrists - as in, so tiny her 4 year old sisters wrists are bigger than hers. It's ridiculous. So she currently has US.Glove 10.0 grips or something like that. She sais the wrist part b/c she has to have it so tight, curls around the outside edges and cut into her. Even with tons of prewrap and wristbands.

Any ideas? She literally has CUTS on her wrists from where this is happening. Her grips aren't old maybe 6 months? She says they are otherwise fine.

Does any company make grips for girls with tiny wrists (her hands are normal size, I think she's a size 0) so she doesn't have to do them around so many times and that tight? Or any other way to fix this?

Thanks!

Is she wearing velcro grips? If not, maybe have her do velcro until she gets a little bigger.
As for brands, US glove Hot Shot, 10.0 Pixie Grips, 10.0 Gecka grips, and Just right by gibson are all made for little hands-so maybe try one of there grips?
Good luck!

Call Mike at US Glove. Ask him. You might want to send him a photo of the problem too. He has always been super duper about helping with any kind of weird fit problem we had.

Double neoprene wristbands might help too. Ask Mike.

Is she wearing velcro grips? If not, maybe have her do velcro until she gets a little bigger.
As for brands, US glove Hot Shot, 10.0 Pixie Grips, 10.0 Gecka grips, and Just right by gibson are all made for little hands-so maybe try one of there grips?
Good luck!

no, that's not what she is saying. see below. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Call Mike at US Glove. Ask him. You might want to send him a photo of the problem too. He has always been super duper about helping with any kind of weird fit problem we had.

i'll answer for him if you would like. the problem is the edges of the grips. either take pumice stone or some sandpaper and sand down the sharp edges. that should take care of it.

those will climb down her hand. those are not for small wrists as she has described.

Thank you so much!! Ok, all I have to say about myself is DUH, why didn't I think of that? SUCH a simple solution! I am sure my husband has sandpaper somewhere. She has no practice tonight so I will try it later. Thanks everyone! If that doesn't work we can look at different grips - but you know gymnasts she doesn't want to get new grips!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back