Coaches Grips or no grips?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi

We are thinking about getting grips to our gymnast that do or starting to do kips and cast to handstand and so on.

Since we are a very new club we don't really have any experience about.

How much difference and what diff is it between?
Grips with a roll, Grips without and going without grips?

Techniques?

And the experienced coaches, would you go with grips even if you had to clean the bar set every practice from the chalk and only have 2 hours to setup barr, use the barr and get it clean and down again?

Thanks for advices.

Hi

We are thinking about getting grips to our gymnast that do or starting to do kips and cast to handstand and so on.

Since we are a very new club we don't really have any experience about.

How much difference and what diff is it between?
Grips with a roll, Grips without and going without grips?

Techniques?

And the experienced coaches, would you go with grips even if you had to clean the bar set every practice from the chalk and only have 2 hours to setup barr, use the barr and get it clean and down again?

Thanks for advices.
Wow, doesn't sound like you are in an ideal situation, but I guess we all have to do what we have to do. Grips with 'a roll' are called dowel grips, and they are usually for kids with bigger hands, doing bigger tricks, and lots of circling of the bar. The other grips are called palm guards, and are made more for beginner gymnasts. There are also pre-dowels, but I wouldn't mess with those myself. I'm not sure how many hours a week the girls are on the bars, or if they are using chalk, or what kind of skills they are doing, but yes, most gymnasts usually end up wanting, needing, getting grips. Good luck and let us know if you need anything else. :)

The later the better is our philosophy. Get a strong consistent kip with locked arms and cast to horizontal. Then put grips on them.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back