WAG Grips sizing Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

l.c.o

Proud Parent
I tried searching for this, but didn't have any luck.

When ordering grips online, and the size chart for a given size says 6", is that the minimum or maximum size for the grips?

My DD measures just barely (like 1 mm) below 6". Do I order the size that states 6"?

I have no idea what size my DD's current ones are as the labels have worn off, and we're both remembering different things (I say they were size 00, she says size 0). Size 0 is the 6" measurement. Thanks!

I believe it is the "middle" measurement, sort of like the midpoint of a range. I don't know what company you're ordering from, but using US Glove as an example:
00-5 3/8"
0-5 7/8"
1-6 1/8"
So a size 0 should fit 5 5/8"-6". In this case, your daughter would get a size 0.
If her measurement is almost exactly the given measurement for a size, perfect! Order that size (size 0).
However, always have the coach check her grips before she starts using them to make sure that they fit properly.

Also, just a thought: If you ordered the past set online, they probably e-mailed you a receipt that included the size.

Thanks! That actually makes a lot of sense.

DD's first pair was ordered and fitted by her coach. Most girls are using velcro rather than buckles where she is now, and the gym really kind of insists the girls have back-ups ready to go. DD tried a pair of velcroes in the popular brand at this gym for a bit which she did not like and eventually gave away to a teammate... on her own.

Anyway, DD went back to just using the trusty double-buckles in the old brand, and could really still use that back up pair. I just have no clue what size they are currently, and they fit her well! Anyway, going to try the size 0. :)

This is why I now have note in my phone with all the sizes I order of things, brand and how they fit new, what her measurements were.

Like I remember what size her gym shoes are when I ordered them. o_O

This is why I now have note in my phone with all the sizes I order of things, brand and how they fit new, what her measurements were.

Like I remember what size her gym shoes are when I ordered them. o_O

Yes, I've now saved this order confirmation email and have logged it into my phone. I don't have a good memory for this stuff either ;), and so far the only pair of grips I've ever ordered DD were a different brand.

DD is currently using her first pair of grips (they're actually still reportedly in pretty good shape, gym just wants a back-up pair), and while the ones I just ordered ARE the same exact brand/style, grips used to be handled by her old club. I never wrote the size down because I never thought we'd leave there, and figured they stocked them, so it didn't matter! Bad, bad, bad mom!

I'll be a wee bit smarter now. I hope, anyway!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back