Grips?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey! I was wondering how many of you use grips and actually like them, and if so, what level are you in? I am in level 4 and I had to get grips but I hate them so much! They hurt my hands. Where did you get yours?

Most of our kids get grips from some point in level 4. Most of them hate them at first and they do take a long time to get used too. If you make sure you always wear them fro bars in 3 months time you will probably love them and always want to use them for bars. Yes it will be a difficult few months but it will be worth it in the end you'll be able to stay on bars longer without getting rips and find it easier to do advanced skills like giants.

We have some kids who wear them somedays and not others and it takes them a MUCH longer time to get used to them. Some still aren't used to them after a year or so.

I got my grips in level 6 (because I'm slack:D) and I hated them at first. Theytook me about a month and a half to get used to but I still hated them because I got blisters.
Just keep doing simpler skills until you're used to them
Good luck!

I started wearing grips halfway through level 7, tried them in level 4 and decided I hated them. It took me only a couple of weeks to get used to them. I really liked them. Then they started to get really , really slippery, and the fingerholes stretched a lot. Turned out they were a lot too small, so i got a new pair, which are taking a lot longer to get used to. Im not really a fan of muy grips, but have found that they do stop you from ripping a lot, especially when you are doing giants. Mine are reisport buckle grips, my old pair were velcro. I much prefered velcro because they were much quicker to put on, and pinched my wrists less.

I am in level 5 and my grips are on the way, mailing to me soon. They are the dowel pixie grips. I am sure i will have to get used to the, give them time. I used to use the velcro beginners without the dowel, HATED them at first, but i like them know... what kind of grips are yuours?

Well here's a link to the grips my team ordered. My team is made up of 19 girls from levels 2-5 and everyone had to get grips. Even the level 2's. We actually had to get them in June. So I have had them for over six months and I would wear them sometimes but then they got really annoying and would bunch up when I would swing and stop me dead in the middle of a skill because they were folded over and bunched up. I only practice 3 times a week for 2.5 hours and about 25 minutes of that is bars, so I get a few blisters at each practice and then they go away and come back at the next practice.

GMR Gymnastics - Gymnastics Grips, Gymnastics Mats, Gymnastics Leotards

I am now a level 7, and I have grips and I LOVE them! I got them in level 5, but i didn't like them at first. I don't think anyone likes them when you are first breaking them in, but you'll like them soon! I couldn't do bars without my grips!

well.....

well i have had grips for a year and they do sort of help you mine are used ones that one of the coaches gave to me you have to make sure they fit good and are tight a little so they don't slip i am in highschool and i just started highschool this year and im in seventh grade and they do help and if they hert then later put lotion on your hands

I'm a prep op 3. I just got my grips but haven't broken them in yet. I don't really like them but once again their not broken in. I ordered mine from Gibsons athletics.

im in level 5 and i got them in november and i hated them at first because i would do skills when they werent broken in and i peeled off a couple times ( not smart! lol) but now i love them! i ordered them off of gymsupply.com they were reisports

Well I got my grips at the end of level four and hated them. But grips are pretty much good for the higher levels. It will help a lot. don't be fooled though, grips can make you have blisters!!!:cool:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back