Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

iamagymbabe

Coach
Gymnast
this really bugged me today!

at lunch me and my friends were talking about how much exercise we do and i said i do loats of gymnastics. then one girl says that you don't even need to be that fit to do gym and it isn't really exercise!!!!!!!:eek: then the most stupid part- she said that water yoga was harder because you are in water!!!!!!!! i got so mad:mad:

a)yoga isn't a sport!

b) of course gym is exercise!

c) you need to be fit!!

d) how many yoga people do you see running full speed towards a stationary object, flipping onto it, flipping off it and sticking your landing, a keeping perfect form!!!!!!!!!

e) then i told her all about the conditioning we do and strength work, then she said 'why do you need to do all that? all you are doing is just dancing round a floor!'

f) Beam- 4 inches wide, 4ft tall, 5m long - need i say more?

i probably spent my whole lunch arguing with her on why gymnastics is such a hard sport and i was wondering if any else gets mad when people say gym is easy??!!

I agree.

I've had people say that and it really pissed me off as well. To get back at them, I took them all to a free trial class.They complained and whined the whole time. It was annoying, but they never said anything bad about gym ever again.

I've had people say that and it really pissed me off as well. To get back at them, I took them all to a free trial class.They complained and whined the whole time. It was annoying, but they never said anything bad about gym ever again.
Haha that's really funny! If I did that with some of my friends they probably wouldn't be able to handle it. Fortunetly none of my friends have ever said that gymnastics is too easy. I have heard some people at my school say that gymnastics isn't a sport... which I do not understand why they would say something like that....? Last night my dad was saying that football is harder than gymnastics, we argued for like 10 minutes and then I finally stopped listening to him, but he really does know that gymnastics is a very tough sport.

lol. you know how you should get back at them? (like Supergirl said) take em to a free trial class. or if your gym doesnt offer them, ask your coach for an exception. you should so make them do all your strength;)
My friends sometimes bug me about how much i do gym... sometimes they say 'why do you do it!? its so much work'
and i just say 'coz i love it:D and to me its not hard coz i enjoy it.' sometimes they are so clueless.
they stopped bugging me when we had to do gymnastics in PE and they were struggling to walk on the beam and i was doing backflips:D:D

One time when I was in middle school (a million years ago!) a cheerleader in my class said, "Why don't people think cheerleading is a sport? I mean, gymnastics is!" Comparing middle school pee-wee cheerleading to gymnastics is ludicrous, at least I think so!
Not that I have anything against cheerleading, I certainly think competitive or higher level cheerleading is a sport, but in my school district it was HARDLY like that.

I completly agree! I have a friend who does volleyball and 3 that do dance and they are always saying how sore they are and it drives me crazy!! I tell them how much i have to do and all that stuff and how sore i get, and all they say is...oh, i am sorry. Or, oh..thats cool. It makes me want to scream!!!!!!

OMG that is so stupid!! UGH i hate when at skool they look at me like im just a petite little girl that cant do anything just cus im in gymnastics and then when i show them my tumbling there like wow. but most people dnt know it takes stregth to do gymnastics. its not just prancing around in a leotard.

In defense of the people who do not do gymnastics they probally have no clue the amount of time and training it takes. My daughter has been on the competitive team for 2years and if you would have told me the amount of training and the things that they make them do during conditioning I would not have believed it. When they compete they make it look so easy. I would definitely say that gymnastics is probally one of the harder sports if not the hardest but that is because I know the training involved.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back