Parents Guess the score: level 4 floor last meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

lhmom

Proud Parent
OK all, would really like some input. DD had her last meet a few weeks ago and was a bit disappointed, especially with her floor score. Would like to hear what you think was her score. Having trouble putting it on here, so I've put it on my youtube page. Link is below. I'm proud of her regardless of scores, but I was sad to see her so disappointed. Thanks!

I don't really know how to score, but it looked like her legs were apart on her back handspring (I think that is a big deduction) plus on her bridge, she didn't get her legs or feet together either. Other than those things, which I have no idea what the deductions are, her routine looked beautiful. Now I am curious what she got.

She's darling! Her split is lovely and she's has very nice presence for a young one. I would guess around a 8.9 to 9.1 though I am ridiculously bad at the score guessing.

If you are saying that she is disappointed, then I'm thinking the score was in the mid to upper 8's. I don't think she would have been disappointed with a 9. I thought it was a beautiful routine though. She is very graceful.
My dd is quickly learning how nitpicky with details these judges are. She tells herself over and over...straight knees-pointy toes!!! :D

That was a great routine. I think she should have gotten at least a 9.0-9.2 in it. If she was in the 8s, I'd say the judges were scoring particularly hard.

I agree with ZJ's mom. It should have been a low 9 so if she got something lower than that, they were scoring hard. I thought it was beautiful!

Thanks all! Her score was 8.80. She really felt it was the best she had done all season, so when she saw her score, she was disappointed. I pointed out that she'd really come a long way since September and that she can't control the scores. She felt a bit better when one of the other moms (who is also a judge but not at this competition) told her that she did a great job. I thought my judgement was a bit clouded because I was looking at her through "mom colored glasses", although all the team parents thought she'd been scored a bit low. Oh well, this ought to give her great incentive for the next meet season, right?

OK all, would really like some input. DD had her last meet a few weeks ago and was a bit disappointed, especially with her floor score. Would like to hear what you think was her score. Having trouble putting it on here, so I've put it on my youtube page. Link is below. I'm proud of her regardless of scores, but I was sad to see her so disappointed. Thanks!

I'm going to guess a high 8.

Just read the actual score now that I guessed. I think she's just getting docked on some details. I didn't study the video in detail, but a few things stood out to me like her first arm isn't supposed to go past her shoulder at the beginning of the routine. She seems to do all the moves well individually, but it's a bit choppy like she's still thinking really hard about each move. I'm not sure that makes sense. I think she could work on the section that goes down to the floor before the splits and then through to the turn before her tumbling to make it all flow. I know that DD's coaches really worked hard with her to make that section look clean and smooth.

Looked really nice. I was going to guess 9.1. (although I know nothing of scores! But, that is the number that popped into my uneducated in scoring mind)! Great job!

Just read the actual score now that I guessed. I think she's just getting docked on some details. I didn't study the video in detail, but a few things stood out to me like her first arm isn't supposed to go past her shoulder at the beginning of the routine. She seems to do all the moves well individually, but it's a bit choppy like she's still thinking really hard about each move. I'm not sure that makes sense. I think she could work on the section that goes down to the floor before the splits and then through to the turn before her tumbling to make it all flow. I know that DD's coaches really worked hard with her to make that section look clean and smooth.

I think being the last meet, she probably was "overthinking" it since she wanted to get it just right. I think by next season, she'll be able to smooth a lot of this out since she will be much more comfortable with the routine. She's been better since returning to gym, mainly because they've been doing a lot of uptraining. I'm just a proud mom, regardless because she made a huge amount of improvement over the course of the meet season. She's such a shy child normally so the fact that she would even get out in front of a large crowd and compete has been amazing to me!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back