Parents Gym and Braces

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I forgot to ask them how long the expander is in whats that timeline like usually? we are doing expander first then braces they said the whole thing should be 6-9 months (I am obviously hoping for 6 lol especially since her situation doesn't seem that bad)

Can I also just say its times like these I love this site! great feedback not just about gym but about life thank you all!

I think our expander experiences were about 4 weeks of cranking every day, but the expander itself was in the mouth for about a month or so for the palate to set after the cranking was done. I may be off on the times, but I know for sure that the expander was left in for a bit.

I think our expander experiences were about 4 weeks of cranking every day, but the expander itself was in the mouth for about a month or so for the palate to set after the cranking was done. I may be off on the times, but I know for sure that the expander was left in for a bit.

That is my recollection as well. Somewhere between 2 and 4 weeks of cranking, with about 8 weeks total of wear.

Bless your heart. That is cruel and unusual punishment!
I refuse to do that to my child and so we found an ortho who said he is and will be willing to pull teeth instead to make it work. We are fine with that. My kid has enough food issues, if she had that expander she would probably starve to death.

I had a palate expander back as a teen in the 90’s. It is...not pleasant...but between that and having my wisdom teeth removed (not pulled), I would choose the expander every time. It’s hard to talk properly at first, hard to eat, hard to swallow, but you adjust. Eventually I could sneak candy in class because I could slip a lifesaver up between the expander and the roof of my mouth lol.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back