gym drama

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymfreak4ever

Is there any drama at your gym?

Recently we had a meet and I was "mean" according to this one girl. She said I said some pretty hurtful things when all I did was defend myself when a girl told me she thought her score should have been higher than mine while she went to pout in a corner. Shortly before this she said one of those good jobs where you can tell they don't mean it then for another girl got all excited and started yelling in your face how amazing that other girl is.

Any suggestions on how to avoid this?

Rise above all the cattiness! Yes gymnastics is an individual sport but you will get alot farther having the support of your team rather than being at ends with them. My mother always told me to kill em with kindness and that has always been my moto and worked for me. If she starts yelling or saying something just say that is one judges opinion not mine. You did a wonderful routine though. I thought you did a great job. Don't involve yourself in fights it will only distract from your performance.

Do I know you? haha

My mom always tell me kill them with niceness too. But this time she thinks they just took advantage of me cause im too nice sometimes, who would of thought! lol. I try to always put things in the past and focus on whats coming in the future but no one else gets over it until someone apologizes and they feel like they are the winner coming out of it.

You should know your the winner you got the better score she's just jealous! Your mom and mine are both right. But if you really didn't do anything wrong don't appologize just say I'm sorry that your feelings were hurt but the judges do the scoring not me. And you did a great routine so you shouldn't feel bad. Just an idea and if she starts to get mad again say you did great bye and walk off.

What great advice :D
thanks!

some people just get on my nerves that way but i am deffinetly going to do what you told me if i ever need to:)

All the time :D You have to ignore it, gymnasts (and their parents) are pretty crazy people.

If they can see you're getting riled up, they're going to do it more. Count to ten and walk away. Fighting back does not work (and I learned that the hard way).

I hate gym drama. I don't get involved in the girl drama but being a boy means there is a different kind of drama, lol. Killing with kindness usually works well. When they see you don't get upset, they will move on. Too bad drama is everywhere tho!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back