Parents Gym gear??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Busymum

Proud Parent
I've been given a list of things that I need to buy for my DD - for bars specifically but I'm looking online and feeling overwhelmed as I'm not sure exactly what these things are nor where is/isn't reputable.

Can you help with suggestions? Where do I shop for gymnastics gear? I'm in Hampshire on the south coast if that helps.

She needs: a bar bag, bar shorts, wrist bands, loops. She could also do with another leotard.

Try Gymnastics Planet, Gymnastics Express or Elite International for bar gloves, wristbands, a bag and loops (check what size you need first).

Leotards and shorts are easier to find, Milano, GK (Elite International), Quatro and The Zone are all fairly popular brands in the UK.

I hope that helps.

Try Gymnastics Planet, Gymnastics Express or Elite International for bar gloves, wristbands, a bag and loops (check what size you need first).

Leotards and shorts are easier to find, Milano, GK (Elite International), Quatro and The Zone are all fairly popular brands in the UK.

I hope that helps.

It really does thank you :) When I looked at the zone it just said gymnastics shorts - not specifically bar shorts. Are they the same thing?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 41
I have found that it's the construction that is important. I make Pinks using a four piece construction which fits better than some two piece patterns

My dd refuses to wear them because she doesn't want to get used to them, and then feel naked at meets. Btw, my prude of a child is 8...:p

So I'm just curious- you have to buy shorts? Here (at my DDs gym) the girls aren't permitted to wear shorts over their leos. Does she have to wear them or you just have to buy them for certain times/events?

So I'm just curious- you have to buy shorts? Here (at my DDs gym) the girls aren't permitted to wear shorts over their leos. Does she have to wear them or you just have to buy them for certain times/events?

We have to buy them for bar work and they have to take them in each practice in their bar bags. It's to give them an extra layer of protection/comfort! As far as I know though, they don't use them at competitions. :)

We have to buy them for bar work and they have to take them in each practice in their bar bags. It's to give them an extra layer of protection/comfort! As far as I know though, they don't use them at competitions. :)

Nope - no shorts at comps

Here, some gyms require them once you start in a development squad. I thought it was at least in part to save embarrassment due to poorly fitting leotards on little kids.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back