Gym Marketing Referrals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am trying to come up with a referral "challenge" for our current gym members. By referral challenge, I mean...I want to challenge our current gymies to invite their friends to come to the gym and ultimately, bring them in as new customers!!

We currently offer $10 off tuition for current members when they reccommend our gym to a child who signs up for a class for the first time.

While this is an awesome opportunity, I feel like its not really being utilized. I'm looking for ANY ideas that ya'll have used in your gyms to encourage referrals!

Our goal is to increase the customer base for our rec. program!

Thank u!!!

Does your gym do birthday parties? If so, they are a great way to get new customers. Each party there are at least 10- new kids who may not have ever been to the gym and we do up to 7 parties each weekend. We give each child a coupon good for a free trial class and if they decide to sign up after the free trial, they receive half off their yearly registration fee (value of $20 for one child or $25 per family). The coaches name goes on the coupon and we get a bonus once 5 of our coupons have been returned.
It really works great because there is incentive for everyone- parent, child, and coaches!

From a parent point of view - Our gym has that same $10 referal thing but we don't get it unless we fill out the paper before the person shows up to get the referal then the person has to bring that paper with them. Just not worth going to all that trouble for just $10. They do b-day parties too and they have Open Gym nights where they ask the gymnasts to bring a friend if they do the gymnast gets in for free and the friend if they sign up the $5 admission goes towards their first months fees. They also do summer camp.

My friend has a daughter at karate and they had an open house where everyone brought a friend. That was last week well this week we get a letter in the mail That if we come in before June 27th and get the 1st evaluation lesson before that date we can get 1 month of lessons free and the $30 karate uniform will be free. Well I can say I didn't think I would even consider signing her up until I got that. A month free with no obligations to pay anything until the end of that month. A free Karate uniform and my friend gets 2 weeks free if we end up going beyond the free period. Now that is worth everyone giving an effort for.

I would love our gym to give somthing like that. At the team level they could give $50 off our 400 a month tuition if someone signs up and maybe a new leo from the pro shop (one of the cheapest priced ones). or a free 1 hour private with the owner (he is the best)

I think $10 off tuition is a good incentive for the parents of rec. kids, just make sure it is publicized well. You might want to provide some incentive for the child as well though. You could also turn it into a contest. The kids with the most referrals and sign-ups get their name and picture in the gym newsletter, up on a lobby wall, a t-shirt or leo, free open gym, something that would be fun for the kid too.
One thing my gym used as a fundraiser for team kids but which could also be used as incentive to hand out coupons and get new kids in the gym was an open gym for friends. Each girl was given coupons with the date and time of the open gym and a place to put her name. They handed them out to friends and the friends turned them in with their money at the open gym. The team girls then got to keep I think $5 from each friend that came to go towards meet fees, leos, tuition, anything along those lines.

I think $10 off tuition is a good incentive for the parents of rec. kids, just make sure it is publicized well. You might want to provide some incentive for the child as well though. You could also turn it into a contest. The kids with the most referrals and sign-ups get their name and picture in the gym newsletter, up on a lobby wall, a t-shirt or leo, free open gym, something that would be fun for the kid too.
One thing my gym used as a fundraiser for team kids but which could also be used as incentive to hand out coupons and get new kids in the gym was an open gym for friends. Each girl was given coupons with the date and time of the open gym and a place to put her name. They handed them out to friends and the friends turned them in with their money at the open gym. The team girls then got to keep I think $5 from each friend that came to go towards meet fees, leos, tuition, anything along those lines.

I like the idea that $5 from each ticket goes into the girls meet fees etc. Now that would be useful!!

We get a 25% discount for one month tuition with a referral. Both rec and team kids. Beginning of the year two girls from DD school started and I got the month for 50%.

We also have bring a friend week twice a year, and team kids get to bring a friend to open gym then that week.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back