Gym near Baltimore

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have a family who is moving to the Baltimore area. They are looking for gyms in Maryland or Virginia. They have an 11 year old daughter looking to do level 6 and younger son looking to do level 5. I need some ideas to pass along to them. I would like a gym that is competitive within their state.

In the immediate Baltimore area there are Docksiders, Hill's, Columbia, 1st Class, Top Flight, All-Pro, Rebounders...come to think of it, there are quite a few. How far are they willing to drive? That will play a deciding factor, I am assuming. Good luck!!!

Thanks for the names. The most important factor is who can offer the best of boys and girls gymnastics. Which of those gyms you mentioned do really well at meets?

Baltimore to Virginia isn't going to make much sense. I personally would look into Docksiders, know some people there. But I would ultimately recommend that they search based on location, make a list of gyms, and contact all of them (most gyms are very good about talking to potential team members), and once they get there, plan to try out as many gyms as possible. A lot of the gyms brought up here have successful USAG teams and higher level gymnasts, but it's been awhile since I've been involved in compulsory stuff in that area (I'm old...lol). Certainly some of them have different goals than others, Hills is going to have an elite track, girls at the level who are elite tracked are probably in a different group than other girls of the level who are JO tracked.

I am in the Baltimore area, and if you want, you can send me a private message. As said, location may make a difference. DD has been competing for 3 years in compulsories, so I know the gym pretty well.

Baltimore County Gymnastics, Carrol Gymnastics Center, Docksiders Gymnastics, Columbia Gymnastics, All-Pro Gymnastics, Hills Gymnastics, and Top Flight are all gyms in that relative area and do pretty well at meet too. I am in this area and go to one of these gyms so i would know. um... sorry i forgot. im not sure how many gyms have a competitive boys team.

Sorry this is late but I was out of town for a few days. I'm from that area originally but only really have experience with Rebounders which is an incredible gym. They have up to level 9s right now but have had some 10s in the past on the girls side. They also have a great boys team that has landed tons of guys on very respectable college gym teams. I do know the former boys head coach recently left to start his own gym though, Ultimate Gymnastics which is also in Baltimore. He's a great coach, but I don't know anything about his new program. They offer boys and girls teams though and it could be a possibility. The gym is very new though so the program is not as well developed as others in the Baltimore area.
There is also United Gymnastix which I don't think has been mentioned before in this thread. They have a boys and girls team. There is also Barlow's in Annapolis.
First Class, Top Flight, Columbia, and Docksiders all have boys and girls teams as well. But these gyms are stretched over a pretty big area so it really depends on where in the area the family is moving to and how far they want to travel. Rebounders and United are more on the Northern end of Baltimore. First Class, Docksiders, and Barlow's are in the Annapolis area. Top Flight and Columbia are kind of South West and a little closer to Gaithersburg, Rockville, and the other DC suburbs. Hope this helps a little!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back