Gym opening data in the US by state

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What county are you in (if you don’t mind answering), and how long have you been open? I’m in CO, and still waiting on reopening info from our gym.
Sounds like it is varying by county nationwide. Certain states have the governors saying the counties can make their timeframe stricter or more lenient. We aren’t in CO, btw. I hope all the gyms, including ours, open soon!

So, the Orange County gyms aren't open legally then? I'm just trying to get a gauge on when my daughter's gym might open. We live in a different county that is less hard hit than her gym.

Orange County is opened legally

There are so many factors that vary from county to county:

Childcare rule
Whether your county can move at a modified pace
Whether your county’s public health officials allow businesses to open
Enforcement

So it’s best to check with your county to see what’s their stance and public health orders as it is unfair to say Orange County is open illegally since your county has fewer cases but isn’t open.

Hope that helps

I have heard of three gyms in NC who opened even though gyms have not opened. They said they were doing "camps for people who need child care".

Yep - I have seen several insta-gymmies from NC posting videos of themselves back in the gym (mostly from the CLT area) so i don't think they are keeping it secretive per se...

Are Texas gymnastics gyms open today? I know regular gyms were allowed to open.

Yep, and most indoor sports seem to have taken the "gym" verbage as a cue to open as well. Ninja, vollyball, etc, all opening today.

Massachusetts - "Youth sports in limited fashion" in Phase 2, which starts no earlier than June 8th.

I have heard of three gyms in NC who opened even though gyms have not opened. They said they were doing "camps for people who need child care".
Our gym was approached by our local hospital to do this. They would not have np den open for us. They elected not to, logistics issues

Wisconsin is now up to the local governments as our “safer at home” order was struck down by the court.

Our county is now fully open... no restrictions... no phases.
We are also in Wisconsin and live in a heavily populated county which is opening in phases. I didn’t find any definitive opening dates for gyms in our county, but our gym has a target opening date of June 1st.

Reactions: JBS
Orange County is opened legally

There are so many factors that vary from county to county:

Childcare rule
Whether your county can move at a modified pace
Whether your county’s public health officials allow businesses to open
Enforcement

So it’s best to check with your county to see what’s their stance and public health orders as it is unfair to say Orange County is open illegally since your county has fewer cases but isn’t open.

Hope that helps
I'm sorry, I think you misunderstood. My daughter's gym is in a different county from where we live. The county we live in has few cases in comparison to the county where her gym is located.I wasn't comparing her to gym to the OC. I do understand that some gyms in the OC may be open legally due to a childcare license, but I'm sure others are open illegally, although I guess that may change on Wednesday. In following the guidelines the OC, my county and the county my daughter's gym is in all say they will follow the state guidelines. I really don't care who is open or closed. My comment was made with hope that some gyms opening in nearby counties would set a precedent for other gyms to start opening soon. I'm still confused if a gym is a gym or a youth sport.

WA is definitely not "opening soon". Phase 2 will not start before June 1st, and gyms are phase 3, so at least June 22 if not longer.
I’m in WA as well. Some gyms are petitioning to open in Phase 2 with 5 or fewer gymnasts in a section... I think. Not sure if it will work.

We still have no idea when our gym may open. Our state has said nothing. Our gym has bought sanitation equipment and is ready to go. We're all quietly (not so quietly ;) ) hoping gyms will open by June 1.

I’m in WA as well. Some gyms are petitioning to open in Phase 2 with 5 or fewer gymnasts in a section... I think. Not sure if it will work.

Yes this is the communication we got from the gym as well. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

What county are you in (if you don’t mind answering), and how long have you been open? I’m in CO, and still waiting on reopening info from our gym.

I’m interested to know as well. Our gym is open for privates only right now (Southern CO), but we’re preparing to open in a limited capacity June 1...if legally allowed. Hoping the governor gives an update with more information this week.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back