Gym opening data in the US by state

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

In Texas, the response seems to be that the State rules supersedes the county. Our county judge implemented mandatory masks with fines and/ or jail for noncompliance, the Governor declared no fines ( essentialy making it a recommendation) and the county judge had to revise her order. Also our gymnastics gyms publicly reopened when “gyms” opened but before “youth sports “ which start up soon.

In Colorado, the counties, and even cities, can be more restrictive than the state, but not less so, unless they apply for a specific waiver to do things differently. Clear as mud.

I think never happening here on Long Island, NY. Still in the thick of everything, and not that close to meeting the metrics for Phase 1.

I’m in WA as well. Some gyms are petitioning to open in Phase 2 with 5 or fewer gymnasts in a section... I think. Not sure if it will work.

A few days ago Inslee officially announced that some fitness and training can open in phase two, specifically, "Instruction for personal fitness training that requires access to specialized equipment, including but not limited to gymnastics, weight and resistance training, martial arts, yoga, and similar instructor-led fitness services." So gyms are officially phase 2. Which could start as early as June 1 or as late as whenever our governor decides to move from phase 1. Who knows. But at least it's no longer phase 3. Basically the gyms can have groups of 5 plus a coach and have to keep low capacity (I think 30%, but not sure). Dd is over the moon happy that gyms will open sooner than they would have otherwise, and it's thanks to some awesome gym owners in our state who went public and demanded that they be heard about they could reopen safely.

A few days ago Inslee officially announced that some fitness and training can open in phase two, specifically, "Instruction for personal fitness training that requires access to specialized equipment, including but not limited to gymnastics, weight and resistance training, martial arts, yoga, and similar instructor-led fitness services." So gyms are officially phase 2. Which could start as early as June 1 or as late as whenever our governor decides to move from phase 1. Who knows. But at least it's no longer phase 3. Basically the gyms can have groups of 5 plus a coach and have to keep low capacity (I think 30%, but not sure). Dd is over the moon happy that gyms will open sooner than they would have otherwise, and it's thanks to some awesome gym owners in our state who went public and demanded that they be heard about they could reopen safely.

Yep, we are expecting practice to begin next week. Feels weird in a way, it's been SO long of us doing NOTHING. This will be the first thing we phase back in.

My kiddo went back this morning, for just an hour and 45 minutes. She said it was a good day and although she is already sore and her hands hurt, bars came back pretty easily. She did say the high beam was higher than she remembered!!

Illinois and my kiddo gets to officially go back Monday! They are starting with very small groups (10 kids or so in the building at a time) and 1.5-2 hours at a time depending on level. My new level 6 will be going 4 days for 1.5 hours to begin with. She would normally be doing 15 hours for the summer practices.
They said they could have more groups of kids in the building, technically, but they are being super cautious to begin with and starting everyone slow.

It's SO hard watching (hearing about) all of these other states either open or at least announce a potential opening date. It's been crickets here and it's really starting to take a toll on our community. Even just a potential opening date gives us a light at the end of the tunnel but we have nothing. This is just hard.

Same. My gymnasts is seeing gymnasts around the country doing private lessons with masked coaches and we don't know even know if we will open this summer. Ours hasn't even communicated how they could adapt to each phase.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back