WAG Gym Recommendation in the NJ area.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

jmom

Proud Parent
Hello,

I am moving to NJ over the summer. My daughter recently started gymnastics at a gym in NJ but while she is good she isn’t great. Can anyone recommend some good USAG programs in the NJ area? I see they also have a USAIGC teams. If she was to start with a USAIGC team would she be able to later move to USAG? I noticed IGC has less hours which would allow her more time to explore other activities. She recently competed level 2 USAG but she is 8yo and I noticed she was older than most girls in that age group.
Thanks in advance.

Are you moving to north, central or south NJ? New Jersey isn't a big state but no way would you want to commute to a gym in North Jersey if you live in South Jersey

Hello,

I am moving to NJ over the summer. My daughter recently started gymnastics at a gym in NJ but while she is good she isn’t great. Can anyone recommend some good USAG programs in the NJ area? I see they also have a USAIGC teams. If she was to start with a USAIGC team would she be able to later move to USAG? I noticed IGC has less hours which would allow her more time to explore other activities. She recently competed level 2 USAG but she is 8yo and I noticed she was older than most girls in that age group.
Thanks in advance.
Level 2 isn't an age group, it's a skill level. Our level 2 team has 12&13-yr olds on it, as well as 6-yr olds. If your dd moved up to level 3, 9 yrs old is pretty average for that level. So if you end up at a gym that puts her on level 3, don't worry, it's the right level for her as far as progression.

We are would prefer a house in North Jersey or along the coast so my husband could commute to work more easily, however if we find a gym in the south we like I figure we could look at something more central so I could take my daughter to a southern Jersey gym.

DD competed against this team when she was USAIGC. I noticed they also have USAG. Best of both worlds. The staff was nice girls were good and they ran one h**l of a meet. It is a southern NJ gym

Back in December of 2016, when I had hoped to move back home to NJ, we looked at a few gyms in central and north jersey. We really liked MG Elite although they definitely seemed to have younger girls. It's a really friendly and spirited place. We also really loved Head Over Heels and another gym that I think was called North Stars. Both were super welcoming and kind to my daughter and both also do very well. Another gym that does really well in North Jersey is ENA Paramus. We did not end up having time to look there, so I couldn't give you anything more.

Good luck! I love NJ! I'm homesick for it just about every day!

We are would prefer a house in North Jersey or along the coast so my husband could commute to work more easily, however if we find a gym in the south we like I figure we could look at something more central so I could take my daughter to a southern Jersey gym.

Please do not choose a location to live based on gyms. Choose the location that is best for your family as a whole. In reality, gymnastics is a short-lived interest for most people.

@Aero is a great coach in NJ. I would take his recommendations to heart.
You are very kind, thank you. :)

There are many gyms in New Jersey, but like anywhere else, there is quite a mix as far as quality is concerned. It will also depend heavily on what kind of environment you're looking to put your daughter into. Also, I do not claim to know every gym in New Jersey and what they are like, so I will only list the ones I personally recommend. Also, please feel free to start a conversation with me if you wish.

1. Bright Stars, Egg Harbor Township
  2. DC Gymnastics School, Hillsborough Township
  3. ENA, Paramus
  4. Giant Gymnastics, Hackettstown & Sparta
  5. Henderson's Gymnastics, Edison
  6. Precision Gymnastics, Bayville
  7. Star Bound Gymnastics Academy, Bridgeton
  8. Twisters Gymnastics of North Jersey, Rockaway
If I had to pick one gym from this list, I would go with ENA.

You are very kind, thank you. :)

There are many gyms in New Jersey, but like anywhere else, there is quite a mix as far as quality is concerned. It will also depend heavily on what kind of environment you're looking to put your daughter into. Also, I do not claim to know every gym in New Jersey and what they are like, so I will only list the ones I personally recommend. Also, please feel free to start a conversation with me if you wish.

1. Bright Stars, Egg Harbor Township
  2. DC Gymnastics School, Hillsborough Township
  3. ENA, Paramus
  4. Giant Gymnastics, Hackettstown & Sparta
  5. Henderson's Gymnastics, Edison
  6. Precision Gymnastics, Bayville
  7. Star Bound Gymnastics Academy, Bridgeton
  8. Twisters Gymnastics of North Jersey, Rockaway
If I had to pick one gym from this list, I would go with ENA.
Those are all great gyms! But you left out the nicest gym (ok, maybe I'm a little biased) in NJ, Arena (Gymland) Gymnastics in Hamilton, NJ. Centrally located, not far from Princeton area. Lots of rec kids, boys team & girls teams (USAG, JOGA & EXCEL). Big, beautiful, bright gym.
If you're looking to move to NJ, great schools nearby, West Windsor, Princeton, Robbinsville, Montgomery, are some of the very strong school districts close to the gym.

I am also a coach in NJ - obviously it depends where you are moving, and the best thing to do would be to try a few gyms to find the one that is best for you. There are several gyms throughout the state that have elite-track, homeschool programs, others that have competitive level 10s teams with many girls getting NCAA scholarships. You also have gyms that have Xcel and USAIGC programs - just as competitive, but less time commitment. NJ also has a competitive league called JOGA (Jersey Optional Gymnastics Association) which is only in NJ and is usually a little less expensive/less of a time commitment than USAG. Some gyms compete JOGA in addition to having USAG programs, and there are some gyms that only have JOGA. I would also say that there are lots of options throughout the state - so you should be able to find a gym that fits your needs regardless of where you move. Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back