WAG Gym Scavenger Hunt

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I posted a few weeks ago about small group activities to get our team girls to know each other better. I'm working on a scavenger hunt type activity for tomorrow but need some ideas. It's nothing super creative/clever (no rhymes or clues leading to a final prize), they'll just get points for each item they complete.
Right now I have some trivia questions about coaches, a challenge to take a group pic with all team members upside down, a picture/video of a skill starting with a specific letter, but I'm not terribly creative in this department. Any other fun ideas? One of the rules is that all team members must complete at least one of the video/photo challenges so all girls participate.
Skill things are great, team challenges, trivia ideas, really anything that would be fun for the kids! Thanks!

Because I think it looks so interesting, Google "human table trick" and look at the images. You need chairs to start, but it's definitely a trust builder!

Have them write a sentence using a word with the first letter of each of their first names. The sillier the better. Bonus if they incorporate the word gymnastics.
Example if the team is Amy, Olivia , Maddison Bryanna
Sentence: All olives bounce miles high.

Pose in a pyramid , write one thing besides gymnastics they all have in common,

List all the skill they can think of using an assigned letter

Do a three skill pass together, somersaults, full turn, etc easy stuff

Team member with the longest hair gets a new do. The rest all put her hair in ponytails, at least one per team member, take a picture

Design a Leo together (you provide the outline)

Spell out a word like Gym or Beam Team or Bars or something like that using their bodies (Like a two kids in a bridge to make an "M") you can even give them a list of words to spell and that way they have to work together to make the letters.

They like goofy stuff.

Attachments

• gymnast.jpg
    gymnast.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 62
The alphabet game: Compete skills for each letter of the alphabet. Which team can finish fastest, cleanest, most creative skill? So aerial, backwalkover, cartwheel, dive roll, etc.
Skills challenges: most leg lifts in a minute, longest handstand, fastest rope climb
Fun challenges: fastest hair bun, fastest one to get grips on, fastest group to stack 10 panel mats

If you have a foam pit, you could hide some items in the pit and make the kids go search for them. Obviously don't make them too tiny, and maybe stick to soft items in case the kids jump into the pit to search (ex stuffed animals).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back