WAG Gym tuition

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I sent an email to the receptionist asking her a few questions about it. Like I said, this is our first gym and I thought it was normal. As far as the "special team leotard" even the Rec girls have their own leotard. It only changes once every few years from what I've gathered and it's just a plain color with the gym's name on it.

Do they really wear it every practice?? I cannot imagine training 5-6 days a week and needing to buy 3-4 of these $120 leotards 4x a year![/QUOTE]
I know a few gyms that have a special team leo that the girls all have to wear a certain day of the week plus on specific special occasions- newspaper coming into gym, open house, etc.
I do remember hearing of a gym (from I former poster, I think) that had team girls wear a practice uniform- specific colored team workout leos for each day. I think that club was also in Texas. But I think that was more of a yearly purchase with maybe another one every now and again if you switched workout groups or needed a new size. Not new ones every few months.

Reactions: sce
Do they really wear it every practice?? I cannot imagine training 5-6 days a week and needing to buy 3-4 of these $120 leotards 4x a year!
I know a few gyms that have a special team leo that the girls all have to wear a certain day of the week plus on specific special occasions- newspaper coming into gym, open house, etc.
I do remember hearing of a gym (from I former poster, I think) that had team girls wear a practice uniform- specific colored team workout leos for each day. I think that club was also in Texas. But I think that was more of a yearly purchase with maybe another one every now and again if you switched workout groups or needed a new size. Not new ones every few months.[/QUOTE]

They were them every practice. Each sub-team has a different leotard.

Yes, we have a special leo but it's only worn occasionally...and it was only $50! I'm really trying to wrap my head around the reasoning for this one and I'm coming up empty!

My girls have had a gym that had special team and rec leos. The rec leos were optional (about $35) and the team practice leos (about $50) were for Friday's only and changed once every year or so. I couldn't imagine with my DD practicing 5-6 days per week having to buy new practice leos every four months- and at least 2-3 at a time so they can be rotated and washed. Are they actually totally required or just highly recommended? I can't even imagine.

Yes, we have a special leo but it's only worn occasionally...and it was only $50! I'm really trying to wrap my head around the reasoning for this one and I'm coming up empty!

This was the reply that I got from the gym: "_______ likes the look of uniformity and it eliminates an unnecessary competition between the girls on who's leotard is better, more expensive, etc."

Well, at least they have some sort of reason but I must say my daughter has a LOT of nice practice Leo's (I'm a huge sucker!) and we have never paid anywhere near $120 for one!!

Well, at least they have some sort of reason but I must say my daughter has a LOT of nice practice Leo's (I'm a huge sucker!) and we have never paid anywhere near $120 for one!!

My DD doesn't go to this gym, but she has friends there. I believe it is $120 for two leotards, not just One. Every gym has their own quirks, and this is theirs. They do other things extremely well, like communication, which makes up for this unique situation.

My DD doesn't go to this gym, but she has friends there. I believe it is $120 for two leotards, not just One. Every gym has their own quirks, and this is theirs. They do other things extremely well, like communication, which makes up for this unique situation.

You are right, they get 2 Leo's. The price varies but overall it's a great gym. And communication is awesome!

I think I know which gym you must be at...it is the only gym in the area that has practice leotards that the girls must wear for practice. (Or at least it used to be required) At every other gym in town, the girls can wear any brand/style Leo to practice with no required practice leotards.
My bean would hate never getting to choose practice Leo's, it's her obsession. My pocketbook would appreciate cause finding them is mine [emoji23]

Every summer our team girls get a new practice leo that they wear for special occasions and for their level's assigned day during the week. It's usually $40-$50, though.

A team tank Leo to be used for exhibitions, photo shoots etc, is common. Uniform leos for every team practice is highly unusual.

our gym started doing practice leo's 3 years ago. but starting last september, it was required to be worn for every saturday practice or for practice right before a meet. it was inexpensive and we just needed one. i must say it looks nice to go in on saturdays and see them all in the same leo.

we also do an exhibition meet each june with all our teams divided into 2 teams "competing" against each other (winning team gets popsicles first). last year they added a leo and they wore their "team" color. they are doing the same thing this year for both leos and the goal is to have those costs rolled into the meet fees so we don't really see the added cost. lol.

right now i'm paying $370/month for 19.5 hours.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back