Gymnast Chalkbucket Challenge...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was so inspired by the mommy's (;)) Chalkbucket Challenge that I decided that us gymnasts would have to do one! So I decided each month we would do a different skill or routine. Like this.

October: Fav skill
November: ??? (haven't decided yet. Suggestions will be helpful...)
December: Worst skill

I won't be able to participate until December (then y'all can see my horrible beam skills :D;) ) but everyone else can participate. This month you post a video of you doing your favirote skill and then I (because I'm not participating) will judge at the end of the month. I don't exactly know what the prize is going to be...suggestions from the adults would be helpful! But gymnasts or former gymnasts can participate. Male and female.

Rules are as follows:
1. No drinks (that's for you I-Heart-Beam! and me... ;) )
2. Appropriate clothing (we're going to have young people looking)
3. Be safe!! Don't do something that's going to kill you!
4. Have fun!

P.S. You bet bogwoppit we were peeking at the adults! You guys were good!!!! :) Better than some gymnasts in my team even... :D

Last edited:
Great idea all-around. It will be a ton of fun. If you are going to do a monthly challenge, maybe the prize could be a certificate that you can email to the winner, like in PDF form, then they can print it out and frame it for their bedroom wall. Us old people are only doing it once as we might break a hip.

It is great for all skill levels to be able to compete together and I know a lot of you gymmies already have some great vids on youtube.

Anyway I'm back to dealing with the old folks now, so have fun.

yeah! That sounds fun! =) I wanted to start something like this since I saw the thread in the parents forum! ;) Thanks! I'll participate as soon as I'm back in the gym! :)

Last edited:
that's a great i dea!
does anyone know if there's a way to upload vids without doing it through yuotube?

I have used both clipshack and google videos as they work with different formats. What exactly is the issue, is it the format of your video or is it that you don't want to use a hosting site?

Let me know and perhaps I can help more.

PS I don't know everything, yet!:D

Anyways, hope what she posted is helpful to everyone. Post vids soon! The deadline for vids to be in is October 31. I'll have the results on the Monday after. And then the next contest will start. :)

I'd love to, but my brother broke 4 springs in a row on the trampoline. I'm scared to do anything on it and have more pop off. Our old trampoline is holding up just fine, but it's not very bouncy. Our new one is very bouncy, but is starting to pop springs off.

Can we post old videos?

Of course you can! :) We'll have to judge together through personal messaging! lol... and maddiekate you don't need to do anything tough it's just your favorite skill. It can be as simple as a handstand.

UPDATE: PLEASE READ IF YOU PLAN TO ENTER IN NOVEMBER

The theme for November will be "just messing around". October is still "favirote skill" and December is still "worst skill". Janurary will be "new skill", to hark the new year. Please enter soon! The deadline is still October 31. Anything after that will not be entered, and anything that does not fit in this category will not be entered. Am working on the certificate but my computer isn't exactly allowing me so there might be a delay on that.

Ok, correction from last post I made. Anything entered for the October contest entered after will not be quailified. Please mention in your post what month this is for, as the months go by. And the videos should not be much longer than a minute.

for the november 'just messing around':

[youtube]0mPgnVoDDKw[/youtube]

mainly because i think it's the only video of me i have put online. lol

You entered it a little early but we will still use it for November! :) Thanks for posting that. The deadline is coming up for the October contest though so please post if you have a video for that! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back