• creepy lurker

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • gymnastics fan

Votes: 23 32.9%

• Total voters

jago

Proud Parent
OK ... Might as well ask now ...

How many of us are coaches. Are gymnasts. Are parents? No matter whether MAG, WAG, TnT, etc. And I realize some are both parent and coach. Maybe even gymnast, too!

It would be great if a moderator can add a poll to this post!!

ps And, yes-Gymsanity raised this question in my mind.

jago

In all fairness, gymsanity was not aware that everybody could view and read all of the posts in the coach forum.

And as it says underneath my user name, I am a parent (and a meet director).

In all fairness, gymsanity was not aware that everybody could view and read all of the posts in the coach forum.

Yes, I think that is rather obvious. It's always interesting to see how some coaches regard parents....the ones who supply the little gymnasts and PAY the tuition/fees that ultimately pays the coach's salary. It makes me very thankful that my daughter's coach sees me as one third of the coach-athlete-parent triad and reaches out to me to make sure that my child is successful!

Mark me down as a non-coaching gym employee and a parent.

I'm a parent.

And I'm with cbifoja - Even if gymsanity wasn't sure if parents could see his post, it sure tells what he thinks of the parents.

Parent of gymnast
Parent of former gymnast now rec instructor
Former non-coaching employee

Like Cbifoja, I also deeply appreciate the respect that my DD's coaches and I have for each other!

Proud Parent! :)

And, like Cbifoja, I am so incredibly thankful for the respect, appreciation, and open/friendly relationship that I share with my DD's coach! (I'm so lucky that her coach is moving from her rec class coach to HC of team with DD...since DD's moving from her first year in rec to team too) I don't know the other team coach at all - except for the occasional hello - but I have high hopes for this as well. :)

I am a gymnast:) I started late at 15, so chalkbucket members gave me some reassurance that I'm not alone! I start competing hopefully this fall as a level 4 if I get my kip. :)

I'm a parent as well. :heartbeat:

And I'm pretty sure that the majority of members here are parents. IMHO :crowded:

I do really enjoy reading the opinions of coaches! I've learned quite a lot from them! :smooch:

Thank you Bog for creating the poll!! :iloveusign:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back