Gymnastics and Easter

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Last year for Easter i got heaps of chocolate, and i couldn't help but eat it all.
My coaches then complained about my weight and not being as active when i got back into gym that week.

This year however i thought that instead of all the chocolate i told my mum i didn't want anything. On Easter i was surprised in the morning with a small gift. my mum said that since i got no chocolate i had to get something so she brought me a book that i have wanted for ages.
This year their was no extra baggage or being unfit and especially no complaining from my coach :D

That's great. I def gained some weight after Easter. I don't really celebrate the religious aspect of Easter, so to me Easter is more of a get together with family and eat lots of food holiday. And the result? Oh well, I'll be back in shape soon enough...

I don't think that you not having ANY chocolate was a good thing. If you like chocolate than cutting out on it completely seems crazy.

It may just be candy now but it could get worse. My friend's ballet teacher said that she put on too much weight after Christmas and my friend cut out lots of sweets, and than she cut out bread, and before she knew it she had an restrictive eating disorder. She told me that she did not even realize that she was sick. What I'm trying to say is;

Eating SOME chocolate is okay just don't pig out.

It may just be candy now but it could get worse. My friend's ballet teacher said that she put on too much weight after Christmas and my friend cut out lots of sweets, and than she cut out bread, and before she knew it she had an restrictive eating disorder. She told me that she did not even realize that she was sick. What I'm trying to say is;

Eating SOME chocolate is okay just don't pig out.

That's the problem, i can't just stop at one i have to keep going.
that is why this year i decided to cut it out completely. hopefully that is the only thing i cut out, i don't wanna risk an eating disorder. is your friend all better now?

That's the problem, i can't just stop at one i have to keep going.
that is why this year i decided to cut it out completely. hopefully that is the only thing i cut out, i don't wanna risk an eating disorder. is your friend all better now?
I think it helps only to eat that kind of thing when you're full. I save the chocolate until after meals and I usually don't feel like eating any more than a small piece. It's easy to start pigging out if you start hungry and you need to eat more and more and more and before you realize it--you've eaten it all! Also, maybe remember that when you're eating, don't do anything else. If you're watching TV or something, it's easier to eat a lot more and not realize it. Still, I don't think you have anything to worry about. I mean, it's Easter chocolate not the food pyramid!

I think it helps only to eat that kind of thing when you're full. I save the chocolate until after meals and I usually don't feel like eating any more than a small piece. It's easy to start pigging out if you start hungry and you need to eat more and more and more and before you realize it--you've eaten it all! Also, maybe remember that when you're eating, don't do anything else. If you're watching TV or something, it's easier to eat a lot more and not realize it. Still, I don't think you have anything to worry about. I mean, it's Easter chocolate not the food pyramid!

Oh my gosh
thanks for that, usually when i eat chocolate is when i am watching tv or on the computer and when i'm hungry.
i'll take the tip for next Easter and for when i'm eating normal chocolate

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back