Parents Gymnastics Briefs

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DD (11) just this year has wanted to wear briefs under her comp leo. We tried the Justice ones, they didn't work for her at all. I think she settled on some Target seamless ones and actually some from Hanes, in bLack (bottom of comp leo is black). Although yesterday she tried roll-on butt glue and really liked it (her sister is a dancer and had some)... We tried Hollywood tape before and that didn't really work. Gymmie is really bothered by wedgies.

At our gym some the girls underwear hang from under their leo. They don't care snd the coaches don't care. The kids are fine with it. It doesn't define who they are. We have a large team and at least 10-15 of them are like that from comp to opt. It doesn't bother anybody.

Adding that for practice, the coaches don't particularly mind if a glimpse of underwear is showing, but NOT for competition. For competition no sports bra straps or undies are to be seen, ever.

My daughter wears gymnastics shorts over her leo. My daughter wears gymnastics shorts (no underwear) under her dresses at school. Ever since my daughter realized she can wear gymnastic shorts under her dresses she's gone back to wearing dresses.

Just simply for more coverage. If the Leo creeps up then the briefs are still covering what needs to be covered. Honestly I can't see not wearing something under the Leo's. There is no liner in them so it's just like wearing gym panties.
Our competition leos are lined at the crotch… or at least the GK ones we had were. I can't remember if the AF ones are or not.

Adding that for practice, the coaches don't particularly mind if a glimpse of underwear is showing, but NOT for competition. For competition no sports bra straps or undies are to be seen, ever.
For competition, our girls that wear bras wear plain black sports bras (the top seam and the bottom of our leos is black). With all of the Optionals wearing them, it actually looks like part of the leo design, lol. And because it goes with the leo, judges don't say anything.

There is one team we compete against that has REALLY high cut leotards. They have their girls wear black gymnastics briefs which show… if you are within a few feet of them, but they blend with the leo, so it usually isn't a problem. HOWEVER, when the waistband of the briefs falls below the cut of the leotard (leaving a gap where the hip shows), it can become a problem.

Just simply for more coverage. If the Leo creeps up then the briefs are still covering what needs to be covered. Honestly I can't see not wearing something under the Leo's. There is no liner in them so it's just like wearing gym panties.

It's interesting to hear other points of view! My dd is almost 12, but very thin. Luckily we haven't hit the point of Leos riding up! Hope it's in our far far far future! ;)

I'm sure we will begin to wear undergarment the day that happens.

Our gym decided this year that the girls should wear the GK briefs and I think they are terrible. They show on nearly every girl, regardless of body type. DD hates them because she says they are really uncomfortable.

I've thought about trying to design something specifically to fit under her leo, but I haven't had time to work on it yet. Maybe before next season.

Our gym decided this year that the girls should wear the GK briefs and I think they are terrible. They show on nearly every girl, regardless of body type. DD hates them because she says they are really uncomfortable.

I've thought about trying to design something specifically to fit under her leo, but I haven't had time to work on it yet. Maybe before next season.

I am doing that very thing, well its one of my projects, I'm using the leo as a template and then undercutting it IYKWIM, will share it if I ever get round to it

Odd as they are the only ones that work well for my dd. They have multiple styles, and my dd prefers the mid-waist cotton spandex. She also wears a size down from her leo size.

What good will those do? If you're wearing briefs for modesty, I don't even get how they are appropriate, and if you're wearing them to wear a pad, it's because you probably need a real one.
My kid is wearing them since she was 6. Coaches dont want undies showing. Mom thinks commando is gross. Solution, panty liners. No undie lines or undies showing. And there is a sanitary liner for the leo.

Works for us.

If they have GK team leotards, the coaches should have made sure the undergarments were the proper cut for the leo (and maybe suggested ordering down a size). Different leg cuts require different undergarments.

Reactions: sce
My kid is wearing them since she was 6. Coaches dont want undies showing. Mom thinks commando is gross. Solution, panty liners. No undie lines or undies showing. And there is a sanitary liner for the leo.

Works for us.

One of the reasons I really like the Milano leotards we have here in the UK is because they are all lined in the crotch.

Our gym requires the girls to wear briefs/bra from the time they are 10 for both practices and meets for modesty sake. They don't want older girls going commando; it helps prevent embarrassment from either person just in case a leo slips.

We just use the GK briefs and haven't had a problem yet. I just wish we could find similar ones that weren't so pricey.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back