Parents Gymnastics Briefs

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Our gym requires the girls to wear briefs/bra from the time they are 10 for both practices and meets for modesty sake. They don't want older girls going commando; it helps prevent embarrassment from either person just in case a leo slips.

We just use the GK briefs and haven't had a problem yet. I just wish we could find similar ones that weren't so pricey.
Snowflake will save you $0.95 per pair, lol
Depending on the size (women's sizes are available for sure)
Hanes D45LAS Women's Sporty String Bikini Panties 3-Pack could work… they at least USED to have a similar style for girls… but there was less "just elastic" space (that was what OG wore her first 2 seasons). They come in a variety pack. If you buy them in a store or on Amazon, you will know what colors.

Someone who wants to make their own could probably use the design of these and the leg openings from the leotard as a template :)

Attachments

• sporty string bikini.jpg
    sporty string bikini.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 33
If they have GK team leotards, the coaches should have made sure the undergarments were the proper cut for the leo (and maybe suggested ordering down a size). Different leg cuts require different undergarments.
They did order down a size, but I have no idea if they were the right cut.

ETA: They are GK competitive leos and GK briefs. Her comp leo is AXS and briefs are CL.

They did order down a size, but I have no idea if they were the right cut.

ETA: They are GK competitive leos and GK briefs. Her comp leo is AXS and briefs are CL.
You would think they would work, lol... But they have different leg cuts available on their competitive leotards... And some (at least used to) say that you needed to order "special" undergarments if you chose the higher leg cut... So basically special order undies = more $$$ because they make them custom.

Reactions: sce
I love this thread. I have been so curious about where to get panties. My DD's are toddlers, but I can't imagine not bringing them in panties. My niece is starting next week (8) and I was trying to figure out what to do for her. I guess we're going to Justice!

Another vote for the Justice seamless panties. Kipper has been wearing them under comp leos since she was 9. She is 11 and wears a CL leo. None of her comp leos have been very high cut, but I can see how that might create a bigger problem. Just this year she asked to wear a bra for comps. Ugh...whole other issue. Doesn't really need it, but she is super modest and doesn't like the look or feel of a bare chest any more. If the leo had a tiny bit of padding up top....

My older dd has always gone commando for ballet (required by studio) since she was a toddler, so I didn't think twice when my other dd began gymnastics. I think panty liners make perfect sense for sanitary issues when necessary. I'm not sure I understand how wearing panties under a Leo makes it more modest?

I'm not sure I understand how wearing panties under a Leo makes it more modest?

I think the primary concern is for that extra coverage for any "gapping" that might incidentally occur if the cut of the leo isn't quite perfect for the gymnast.

A gymnast's particular build, along with the particular cut of the leo, definitely would play into whether this was a concern at all. Some have no issue ever, while other bodies just seem to not work with many leo cuts.

For the age 3-6 set (or even a bit older if they are new/inexperienced to gym), often parents buy leos that are "too big" either on purpose for growing room, or just out of lack of understanding of how tightly fitted they should be. Gapping is more of a concern then. And for the young ones, some undies peeking through is normal and no big deal.

But for ages, I'd say, 7+, parents should work to either get properly fitted leos that won't gap on the gymnast, or find the perfect cut undergarment to minimize undergarment visibility.

I think the primary concern is for that extra coverage for any "gapping" that might incidentally occur if the cut of the leo isn't quite perfect for the gymnast.

A gymnast's particular build, along with the particular cut of the leo, definitely would play into whether this was a concern at all. Some have no issue ever, while other bodies just seem to not work with many leo cuts.

For the age 3-6 set (or even a bit older if they are new/inexperienced to gym), often parents buy leos that are "too big" either on purpose for growing room, or just out of lack of understanding of how tightly fitted they should be. Gapping is more of a concern then. And for the young ones, some undies peeking through is normal and no big deal.

But for ages, I'd say, 7+, parents should work to either get properly fitted leos that won't gap on the gymnast, or find the perfect cut undergarment to minimize undergarment visibility.

Gotcha. It seems we've never had a gapping issue. I do see plenty of baggy leos in the Rec classes, as well as backwards ones. :)

Gotcha. It seems we've never had a gapping issue. I do see plenty of baggy leos in the Rec classes, as well as backwards ones. :)
We have girls who want to be "like the big girls", so they put their leos on themselves. I've seen some try and work it with it upside down:oops:backwards:rolleyes:inside out:D oh well, at least it's cute (Ish?)

Ohh the backwards leos!! We have 3 sisters in one of our classes who never fail to wear their leotards backwards! Every week we ask them to go to the toilet and turn it around so it's not like they don't know! Surely it's uncomfortable!!

Ohh the backwards leos!! We have 3 sisters in one of our classes who never fail to wear their leotards backwards! Every week we ask them to go to the toilet and turn it around so it's not like they don't know! Surely it's uncomfortable!!

I can't believe our coaches don't notice (or care) but they never ask the girls to change them. I just can't figure how they don't feel uncomfortable!

Reactions: sce
That's not as bad as a girl showing up for her first gymnastics meet with her competition leo on backwards. The top of it looked the same either way, so it wasn't noticeable until she took off her warm ups bottoms -after open stretch and march in... Right before timed warmups. Luckily, it was a home meet and at the old gym, there were bathrooms right in the gym. ☺

My younger DD showed up to her preschool class with her leo on backwards last week. Her daycare puts her leo on her so that she is ready to go as soon as I pick her up, so I didn't notice until they started to move. We did switch it around.

My younger DD showed up to her preschool class with her leo on backwards last week. Her daycare puts her leo on her so that she is ready to go as soon as I pick her up, so I didn't notice until they started to move. We did switch it around.
Once, this little girl came in one of those biketards - a cute one with the bow in the back... But daddy dressed her and he had her wear a tank top under it because it wasn't covering her chest properly... He commented, "You'd think they would make the bow bigger or move it to cover the whole chest, not just barely." I nicely informed him that the bow goes in back, lol.

That's not as bad as a girl showing up for her first gymnastics meet with her competition leo on backwards. The top of it looked the same either way, so it wasn't noticeable until she took off her warm ups bottoms -after open stretch and march in... Right before timed warmups. Luckily, it was a home meet and at the old gym, there were bathrooms right in the gym. ☺

Oh wow!

We have had a competition Leo on backwards before but thankfully not at the comp, just while trying on.

It was a 90's Leo with a hook and eye at the back of the neck. She had put it on backwards, done it up at the front and then somehow lifted it up and over her head so it looked like a halter neck! Inventive!

Once, this little girl came in one of those biketards - a cute one with the bow in the back... But daddy dressed her and he had her wear a tank top under it because it wasn't covering her chest properly... He commented, "You'd think they would make the bow bigger or move it to cover the whole chest, not just barely." I nicely informed him that the bow goes in back, lol.
Classic!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back