gymnastics camps in the uk

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

coachalexia

Gymnast
Hello, so I was wondering if there were any good gymnastics camps where they allow gymnasts from outside the uk in the uk (or somewhere else in europe) ? I've always wanted to go to woodward or to igc but it's quite expensive for me since I'm from belgium. I also don't think I'm allowed to travel to the usa alone.

My dd went to Rushmore last summer and there were lots of girls from all over Italy Germany Netherlands Bahrain Spain I forget all the rest my dd found it tiring she's used to 15 hours a week training and was shattered at the end of the week and says it too tough but then she was only 7 lol

My DD went to Rushmoor last easter and loved it. She made really good friends with girls from Holland and Germany, but there were also girls from Thailand there!

Thoroughly recommend it :)

My dd went to Rushmore last summer and there were lots of girls from all over Italy Germany Netherlands Bahrain Spain I forget all the rest my dd found it tiring she's used to 15 hours a week training and was shattered at the end of the week and says it too tough but then she was only 7 lol
Oh okay, and well i'm 15 so it should be a little easier for me, do you know if there were any older girls, like around my age? And how many houres a day did they train?

My DD went to Rushmoor last easter and loved it. She made really good friends with girls from Holland and Germany, but there were also girls from Thailand there!

Thoroughly recommend it :)
woaah from Thailand?! That must have been a long flight!! But that sounds great, how were the coaches there, and were there enough coaches?

If you email them they are very helpful. My dd loved the food when she went and there were plenty of coaches and they were nice. They did gym morning and afternoon and then in the evening they made up gym routines for a little show at the end of the week. So lots and lots of gym. It was quite a long time ago though so someone else might have more up to date information. I think there was quite a wide variety of ages.

Plenty of older girls your age in fact my dd and another were the youngest 2 and there didn't seem to be many more her size lol
They started at 9:00 or 9:30 trained 3 hours had lunch and break for an hour and a half I think then another 3 hours training dinner and break and then gym games and stuff there were lots of girls and lots of coaches some visiting ones that come every year from all over Europe too.
Check their website they have a full itinerary and lots of info about the camp there's also a house mother who stays with them and was very helpful in trying to feed my terribly picky eater!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back